Sign in to follow this  
John Lambies Doos

Oh Kez!!!

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not convinced given the abuse and absolute heads gone type behaviour that Pep isnt Campbell, everyone’s favourite transphobic gamer geek. Watching the aftermath of the cybernat article its clear Wings most ardent followers are particularly unable to accept even the slightest criticism of the messiah Stuart Campbell. The SNP were entirely right to call out the cybernats, as a lifelong supporter of Scottish Independence this concept that you have to agree with every other indy supporter no matter how bigoted they may be that circulates in these communities is laughable.

You'll need to provide evidence of 1- transphobia, and 2- that it's necessary to agree with every other indy supporter.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. 

What I find amazing is someone like you, it's so common, clearly have a high opinion of yourself, probably think you are a paragon of intellectual rigour, yet you literally make stuff up out of thin air to.support your views, then when asked to are incapable of backing up your statements.  That's just lying, that's all that is. 

So evidence please...

I remember the days when Graham Linehan was funny, before he started tweeting obsessively about rare and bizarre weirdos to malign a whole category of people.

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not convinced given the abuse and absolute heads gone type behaviour that Pep isnt Campbell, everyone’s favourite transphobic gamer geek. Watching the aftermath of the cybernat article its clear Wings most ardent followers are particularly unable to accept even the slightest criticism of the messiah Stuart Campbell. The SNP were entirely right to call out the cybernats, as a lifelong supporter of Scottish Independence this concept that you have to agree with every other indy supporter no matter how bigoted they may be that circulates in these communities is laughable.

I also find it bizarre, wilfully ignorant and counter productive to not just dismiss but refuse to even consider someone's professional views on an entirely separate platform because they use colourful language on Twitter that wrongly leads you to conclude (though inevitably you only even 'know' this second hand as you don't read them) that they are a bigot.

I have invited you twice to dissect and refute any one of his hundreds of articles eating back seven years, you have failed to do so.  What you can't see here is it's really you who shouldn't be taken seriously.

You'll need to provide evidence of 1- transphobia, and 2- that it's necessary to agree with every other indy supporter.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that. 
What I find amazing is someone like you, it's so common, clearly have a high opinion of yourself, probably think you are a paragon of intellectual rigour, yet you literally make stuff up out of thin air to.support your views, then when asked to are incapable of backing up your statements.  That's just lying, that's all that is. 
So evidence please...

People have already linked to wings transphobia tweets earlier. In my own personal interaction with Campbell he posted an abuse ridden response to a transgender child who questioned him, that to me is also transphobic.
I’ve seen quite a lot of abuse particularly on twitter from the wings disciples to the effect that if you dont support wings you’re a traitor to the cause etc. Its very clear, yet you seem to be incapable of seeing any negative in Wings over I cant be bothered to live in Scotland.
I dont hold myself in a high opinion, im actually pretty self deprecating however given the abuse i’ve had on here from you i’ve not felt the need to be on this particular thread as you’re doing a grand job.
Are you alright btw? Serious question, you seem to be really annoyed that people challenge your views or disagree with your opinions, the way you react suggests you may have serious underlying issues with anger etc, I hope you are ok.

Whether you think he's transphobic or not. I'm sure we can all agree that the wings guy is an utter thundercunt of an individual and so is his little cult of social media bullies.

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

People have already linked to wings transphobia tweets earlier. In my own personal interaction with Campbell he posted an abuse ridden response to a transgender child who questioned him, that to me is also transphobic.
I’ve seen quite a lot of abuse particularly on twitter from the wings disciples to the effect that if you dont support wings you’re a traitor to the cause etc. Its very clear, yet you seem to be incapable of seeing any negative in Wings over I cant be bothered to live in Scotland.
I dont hold myself in a high opinion, im actually pretty self deprecating however given the abuse i’ve had on here from you i’ve not felt the need to be on this particular thread as you’re doing a grand job.
Are you alright btw? Serious question, you seem to be really annoyed that people challenge your views or disagree with your opinions, the way you react suggests you may have serious underlying issues with anger etc, I hope you are ok.

So you'll have evidence of all this then?  

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Whether you think he's transphobic or not. I'm sure we can all agree that the wings guy is an utter thundercunt of an individual and so is his little cult of social media bullies.

I couldn't care less what he's like as a guy, he performs by far the best journalism on Scottish politics and has done for a long time.  That is beyond dispute, and I seriously doubt the motivations and judgement of anyone who thinks otherwise.

I don't think it's possible to be an objective person and disagree with that.  He's in a league of his own, there's nobody remotely close.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

I couldn't care less what he's like as a guy, he performs by far the best journalism on Scottish politics and has done for a long time.  That is beyond dispute, and I seriously doubt the motivations and judgement of anyone who thinks otherwise.

I don't think it's possible to be an objective person and disagree with that.  He's in a league of his own, there's nobody remotely close.

Other people could care less however and that's where he fails.

He does all this journalism. But because he's a complete asshole, people who don't normally read his stuff continue to avoid reading it. His work has done nothing to shift peoples views, all because of him as an individual.

He does all this journalism. But because he's a complete asshole, people who don't normally read his stuff continue to avoid reading it. His work has done nothing to shift peoples views, all because of him as an individual.

It’s also barely “journalism”. It’s more superficial diatribes followed by invectiveness... which is then mimicked by his legions of thirty-something fans claiming to be furthering the cause by using Twitter.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That's just not true though is it?  Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them.  I would imagine it's a safe bet he's won more people round to independence than any other individual, with the possible exception of Alex Salmond. 

This is what i mean about intellectual rigour, just cause you don't like him as a person doesn't mean you can deny reality.  His WBB probably convinced tens of thousands, and was the single most effective campaign tool of the 2014 referendum. 

His site was the single most effective site.  He probably accounted for about 10% of the yes vote on his own.  This is why he's been smeared so relentlessly because he's very very good and very effective.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s also barely “journalism”. It’s more superficial diatribes followed by invectiveness... which is then mimicked by his legions of thirty-something fans claiming to be furthering the cause by using Twitter.

Is it?  But you don't read it though do you?  I suggest you have a wee look, and you wouldn't be talking such nonsense.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

That's just not true though is it?  Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them.  I would imagine it's a safe bet he's won more people round to independence than any other individual, with the possible exception of Alex Salmond.

Aye..... him and his 300 hardcore followers (or whatever it is) has had the biggest impact on voters in Scotland next to Alex Salmond. Not a combination of the hundreds of other YES pages and sites over the internet, not Nicola Sturgeon, not the SNPs performance in Government or what they put in their manifesto..... NO! It was all the work of the great messiah rev and his wee blue bible.

Aye..... him and his 300 hardcore followers (or whatever it is) has had the biggest impact on voters in Scotland next to Alex Salmond. Not a combination of the hundreds of other YES pages and sites over the internet, not Nicola Sturgeon, not the SNPs performance in Government or what they put in their manifesto..... NO! It was all the work of the great messiah rev and his wee blue bible.

Its like a cult.

I remember the days when Graham Linehan was funny, before he started tweeting obsessively about rare and bizarre weirdos to malign a whole category of people.

There’s that episode of the IT Crowd where the punchline is a character is dating a trans woman ergo he’s allowed to assault her. It’s not surprising he’s a bigoted c**t.

10 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them.

Evidence please.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

None f the other sites have anywhere near the reach or profile as wings, that's why they all hate him, because he does what they do much better than they do and gets all the things they want as a result.  He just raised a hundred grand in three days, despite.being relentlessly smeared for years. 

He's a goliath of the yes movement worth more than every other site combined.  He has more followers than the national has readers, and the same with almost every paper.  His site is the second most read political blog in the world.

See what I mean about intellectual rigour, you're already lying and misrepresenting my statements.  I didnt say it was ALL the work, I said 10%.  That still leaves the small matter of the other 90%.  This is why you're intellectually dishonest and not to.be taken seriously, yet ridicule me and also wings.  Its hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its like a cult.

I can back up my views and give evidence for them.  You demonstrably can't and dismiss things you haven't even read.  I know which is more cultlike.

17 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them. 

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I can back up my views and give evidence for them.  

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Evidence please.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

You first.

Its like a cult.
That is utter rubbish. I access Wings very regularly, along with several other sites across the political spectrum. I very seldom post but as I've already posted on here, whatever you think of Stuart Campbell his forensic analysis and exposure of Unionist mistruths is second to none. Of course there are zoomers who post nonsense but you need to look beyond that.