Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Principal Flutie said:

It's the ability of the likes of the Tories to play to fools that gives them so much power in the first place. The same goes for the likes of Farage. They know how to feed on idiots. The minute that the SNP and Yes movement figure out exactly how to win these people over, the game is won.

If the SNP had been as shameless and glib liars as the leave campaign and appealed to the lowest common denominator we'd probably have won in 2014.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

He uses his Wings twitter feed, not his own personal "Stewart Campbell" twitter feed. I've also seen some of the more recent articles he has put up on the official Wings site. Articles that are achieving the exact opposite of bringing people together. The man is an out and out bigot.

Show us examples from his articles.  The first good point you've made is he perhaps could keep his wings account separate.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

It's the ability of the likes of the Tories to play to fools that gives them so much power in the first place. The same goes for the likes of Farage. They know how to feed on idiots. The minute that the SNP and Yes movement figure out exactly how to win these people over, the game is won.

Correct.

You'll never hear Farage or his ilk openly call the people they're trying to win over as "fools". They may say it to themselves behind closed doors. But they never, ever state it publicly.

As much as I hate Farage and his ideology. He's far more approachable because he has a way of making people feel empowered. Where as Stewart Campbell does his best to belittle people at every opportunity.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Correct.

You'll never hear Farage or his ilk openly call the people they're trying to win over as "fools". They may say it to themselves behind closed doors. But they never, ever state it publicly.

As much as I hate Farage and his ideology. He's far more approachable because he has a way of making people feel empowered. Where as Stewart Campbell does his best to belittle people at every opportunity.

Farage is a politician standing for elected office, the only reasonable comparison to that is Nicola Sturgeon.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is the problem though. You can tell people they need to look beyond the Hillsborough/Trans stuff till you're blue in the face but they're not going to. The daft thing is he's done this to himself.

Lots of people do, and some even agree.  He isn't transphobic and ultimately he's right about.Hillsborough too.  It's really just dumb people who allow that to put them off his political stuff.

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

His comments about Hillsborough are batshit mental self sabotage. It's like saying the people on Pan Am died because the plane crashed, not because a bomb went off.

No they're not.  Why did Hillsborough happen?  What was the fundamental cause?  Overcrowding.  Why was it overcrowded?  Did they sell too many tickets?  No, five thousand Liverpool fans without tickets stormed the gates. 

That's what happened, that was the actual cause.  The authorities made lots of mistakes and bear some responsibility, but that was what caused it.  And that's what he said.  It's not a very nice thing to say but it's 100% true.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Much like Ken Livingstone who kept saying Hitler was a zionist at the height of labour's antisemitism crisis. Point being if you're ostensibly trying to get a lot of people on your side, pick your battles. Wings huge blind spot is he thinks because he can work effectively in one sphere, he can do it in another. He can't, and the self inflicted tarnish from doing this for years is beginning to undermine his authority on independence.

In your eyes it is, but that doesn't matter.  He just raised over a hundred grand in three days.  His status is undiminished. 

It would be sensible to keep comments like his Hillsborough ones to.himself because they're offensive to some, even if fundamentally true, as it's a very emotive issue but his political writing is peerless.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

If it doesn't matter why do you energetically firefight the many people on this site who express misgivings about him?

Because I disagree with them and that's what forums are for.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Most of that cash will likely go on legal costs for the frivolous defamation case he lost, buoyed on by his fan boys.

No because his legal fees are crowd funded.  The judge actually ruled he was defamed btw, just kezia was too stupid to know she was doing so making her not liable for damages.

6 minutes ago, Kuro said:

No because his legal fees are crowd funded.  The judge actually ruled he was defamed btw, just kezia was too stupid to know she was doing so making her not liable for damages.

In his own words.

Some will also have to be used in respect of our court case against Kezia Dugdale, either to pay costs or to file an appeal against the judgement, but that decision will only be taken after consultation with readers.

The judge ruled for Kezia, and even if he had won the damages would only have been £100. A huge waste of your no doubt generous contributions, but a decent wedge for the lawyers.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In his own words.

The judge ruled for Kezia, and even if he had won the damages would only have been £100. A huge waste of your no doubt generous contributions, but a decent wedge for the lawyers.

The judge ruled for WOS.  Read the judgement, not the spin in the MSM.  His original legal fees were 100% crowd funded, and will.be so.again if he asks.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

The judge ruled for WOS.  Read the judgement, not the spin in the MSM.  His original legal fees were 100% crowd funded, and will.be so.again if he asks.

I think you need to study up on Scottish Law. Even Wings told his fans to stop saying he won the case, because he had  unambiguously lost.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I think you need to study up on Scottish Law. Even Wings told his fans to stop saying he won the case, because he had  unambiguously lost.

Did he?   You'll be able to quote that then will you?

5 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Did he?   You'll be able to quote that then will you?

Certainly.

Some readers objected to headlines claiming that Dugdale had been “victorious”, but the strict legal fact is that she had.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/a-tissue-of-fair-comments/

n almost every sense that the case was brought, we’ve actually won. I sought to defend my reputation against a false accusation of homophobia, to establish that I’m not a homophobe, and to prevent anyone from being able to make such claims in future. All of those aims have been upheld, in explicit terms, by this judgement.

Dugdale had claimed that she’d only said a single tweet was homophobic, not that I was a homophobe in general. The sheriff rejected that and noted that any reasonable person reading the article would have concluded I was being called a homophobe.

“the article is accordingly defamatory of the pursuer”

The only way in which he lost was his claim for damages, the entire judgement was a vindication.  And the only reason there were no damages awarded was because media can be considered to have believed he'd comments to be ttrue, even when the judge ruled them untrue.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Interesting that you apparently fan dig out quotes.  You'll be able to provide some of his transphobia now then?   And I actually meant of him telling his supporters to.stop saying he won.  

That's why people can't be arsed responding to your demands for "evidence", you never accept it even when it's black and white. What do you think "Some readers objected to headlines claiming that Dugdale had been “victorious”, but the strict legal fact is that she had." means? He's saying his fanboys are wrong to say Kezia didn't win. I can search his blog but not his twitter btw, you have to be a member.