Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Wait what? You're all over the place here. We shouldn't let trans athletes compete because some other different trans people did crimes?

Because they have a physical advantage.  You're either stupid or pretending to be.  They're different issues, we're discussing all of them.

three whole offenders this is an epidemic.

I see, I'm not surprised you're okay with several women being violently sexually assaulted as you're a misogynist.  However, these are things called 'examples'.  You might want to look up the word.

OK so like before - how many people who are trans have committed these kinds of crimes in the last year, in absolute terms and as a % of these crimes as committed by biological men and women?

Tell me how many you find acceptable first?  You still haven't given me a figure.  

Zero. But we don't live in a perfect world and peoples rights and freedoms need to be balanced against the harms those rights and freedoms bring to bear. I contend that those rights and freedoms have zero intrinsic harm associated with them, so given the numbers of trans people committing these crimes will be very small in absolute terms and miniscule in relative terms, I can see no reason not to support them.

Oh really, zero harm.  Tell that to the girl getting strangled by the trans athlete in that picture.  That looks quite harmful to me.  But you don't care as you're misogynist.

I’m not a fan of pep’s rabid style but tbf I think I would probably agree that there needs to an examination of possible safeguards for women when it comes to self gender identification. The issue isn’t as black and white as some people make it out to be. 

Edited by Londonwell

Just now, Londonwell said:

Tbf I’m not a fan of pep’s rabid style but I think I would probably agree that there needs to an examination of possible safeguards for women when it comes to self gender identification. The issue isn’t as black and white as some people make it out to be. 

Good on you for sticking your head above the parapet.  Some people are so demented in being what they perceive to be as progressive and promoting equality they actually do the opposite.  Mixu, without even knowing, is clearly misogynist.  His message to women is just suck it up and deal with it, even though its unfair and leads to many of them suffering physical harm.  He's an equality nazi.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Good on you for sticking your head above the parapet.  Some people are so demented in being what they perceive to be as progressive and promoting equality they actually do the opposite.  Mixu, without even knowing, is clearly misogynist.  His message to women is just suck it up and deal with it, even though its unfair and leads to many of them suffering physical harm.  He's an equality nazi.

Many of them? What percentage of women have suffered physical harm at the hands of transsexuals in the last 12 months?

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I’m not a fan of pep’s rabid style but tbf I think I would probably agree that there needs to an examination of possible safeguards for women when it comes to self gender identification. The issue isn’t as black and white as some people make it out to be. 

Both side's hysteria about a relatively rare dilemma doesn't help. I'm sure there are some alt right anti feminist trolls doing some of the stirring up on the trans side. I haven't heard of any stories in Inverness of trans women invading women's spaces and complaints made. I suspect 99.9% of the issue is manufactured on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Both side's hysteria about a relatively rare dilemma doesn't help. I'm sure there are some alt right anti feminist trolls doing some of the stirring up on the trans side. I haven't heard of any stories in Inverness of trans women invading women's spaces and complaints made. I suspect 99.9% of the issue is manufactured on Twitter. 

Absolutely agree with that. There is a fervent part to each side of the debate that really doesn’t help things. I must say I was quite ignorant to the issue until recently when it became slightly more mainstream- which is a good thing. 

There will be people who have a far greater knowledge of this issue than me and I will gladly take lessons from them. At the moment I’m in the camp that everyone’s rights to be whatever the hell they want to be, should be respected. However, let’s not charge ahead like a racehorse without at least examining some wider issues that women may have with what would be quite a major change.

20 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Absolutely agree with that. There is a fervent part to each side of the debate that really doesn’t help things. I must say I was quite ignorant to the issue until recently when it became slightly more mainstream- which is a good thing. 

There will be people who have a far greater knowledge of this issue than me and I will gladly take lessons from them. At the moment I’m in the camp that everyone’s rights to be whatever the hell they want to be, should be respected. However, let’s not charge ahead like a racehorse without at least examining some wider issues that women may have with what would be quite a major change.

There have been trans people around for thousands of years, and we've coped not too badly, though trans people might disagree. It's giving it to celebrities, twitterati, politicians and lawyers to define it that's caused it to be an issue.  You can't legislate ambiguity. Common sense has been excluded from the debate, it has to be either full access to everywhere or none at all. Trying to outlaw things that very rarely if ever happen is as @MixuFixit says is straight back to Clause 28, an excuse to express bigotry.

Edited by welshbairn

Personally, I've always thought that Sharron Davies is an absolute babe, so will agree with her views on competing against people that identify as female.

But, can someone provide a simple and easy to understand guide as to why this view is incorrect, and if not, what is to prevent me from challenging her to a girl-on-girl nudey wrestling competition? 

Asking for a friend, obviously.