Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

That's just not true though is it?  Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them.  I would imagine it's a safe bet he's won more people round to independence than any other individual, with the possible exception of Alex Salmond.

Aye..... him and his 300 hardcore followers (or whatever it is) has had the biggest impact on voters in Scotland next to Alex Salmond. Not a combination of the hundreds of other YES pages and sites over the internet, not Nicola Sturgeon, not the SNPs performance in Government or what they put in their manifesto..... NO! It was all the work of the great messiah rev and his wee blue bible.

Aye..... him and his 300 hardcore followers (or whatever it is) has had the biggest impact on voters in Scotland next to Alex Salmond. Not a combination of the hundreds of other YES pages and sites over the internet, not Nicola Sturgeon, not the SNPs performance in Government or what they put in their manifesto..... NO! It was all the work of the great messiah rev and his wee blue bible.

Its like a cult.

I remember the days when Graham Linehan was funny, before he started tweeting obsessively about rare and bizarre weirdos to malign a whole category of people.

There’s that episode of the IT Crowd where the punchline is a character is dating a trans woman ergo he’s allowed to assault her. It’s not surprising he’s a bigoted c**t.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

None f the other sites have anywhere near the reach or profile as wings, that's why they all hate him, because he does what they do much better than they do and gets all the things they want as a result.  He just raised a hundred grand in three days, despite.being relentlessly smeared for years. 

He's a goliath of the yes movement worth more than every other site combined.  He has more followers than the national has readers, and the same with almost every paper.  His site is the second most read political blog in the world.

See what I mean about intellectual rigour, you're already lying and misrepresenting my statements.  I didnt say it was ALL the work, I said 10%.  That still leaves the small matter of the other 90%.  This is why you're intellectually dishonest and not to.be taken seriously, yet ridicule me and also wings.  Its hilarious.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its like a cult.

I can back up my views and give evidence for them.  You demonstrably can't and dismiss things you haven't even read.  I know which is more cultlike.

17 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Thousands of people have testified that he convinced them. 

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

I can back up my views and give evidence for them.  

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Evidence please.

3 minutes ago, Kuro said:

You first.

Its like a cult.
That is utter rubbish. I access Wings very regularly, along with several other sites across the political spectrum. I very seldom post but as I've already posted on here, whatever you think of Stuart Campbell his forensic analysis and exposure of Unionist mistruths is second to none. Of course there are zoomers who post nonsense but you need to look beyond that.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Read his feed for one week.  People go on there all the time saying he convinced them, virtually every day for years.  Maybe you'll find that transphobia you've alleged several times.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Read his feed for one week.  People go on there all the time saying he convinced them, virtually every day for years.  Maybe you'll find that transphobia you've alleged several times.

There's no point. You'll just deny that blatantly transphobic tweets are transphobic, like you did above. I don't think you know what it means. 

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its like a cult.

That is utter rubbish. I access Wings very regularly, along with several other sites across the political spectrum. I very seldom post but as I've already posted on here, whatever you think of Stuart Campbell his forensic analysis and exposure of Unionist mistruths is second to none. Of course there are zoomers who post nonsense but you need to look beyond that.

Telling people they "need to look beyond that". Won't make them look beyond it. They won't read anything typed up by Stuart Campbell because of his own persona. He takes a very fascist approach when anything he says is challenged. If you call anything into question, you're no longer an honourable member of his little club. I should know, I was in it long enough until I was hounded out for daring to disagree with something.

He expects hundreds of thousands of people to suddenly change their own mindset, but won't change his own attitude towards people to make them want to be convinced by anything he says.

He's preaching to his own bubble and his own bubble only.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's no point. You'll just deny that blatantly transphobic tweets are transphobic, like you did above. I don't think you know what it means. 

I don't think you do.  That's a legitimate opinion, denying someone's right to live how they choose is transphobic, stating people who are biologically male aren't women is not.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Telling people they "need to look beyond that". Won't make them look beyond it. They won't read anything typed up by Stuart Campbell because of his own persona. He takes a very fascist approach when anything he says is challenged. If you call anything into question, you're no longer an honourable member of his little club. I should know, I was in it long enough until I was hounded out for daring to disagree with something.

He expects hundreds of thousands of people to suddenly change their own mindset, but won't change his own attitude towards people to make them want to be convinced by anything he says.

He's preaching to his own bubble and his own bubble only.

It's a fkn massive bubble then.  And people like you describe are fools.

Just now, Kuro said:

I don't think you do.  That's a legitimate opinion, denying someone's right to live how they choose is transphobic, stating people who are biologically male aren't women is not.

Why does a man who see's himself as some kind of god to the independence movement, feel the need to add things like this into the mix? Can't he just use Wings to focus on issues regarding independence itself and keep his own personal prejudices to himself? It was the same with the Hillsborough thing. Why use Wings to say things that he knows are going to cause a stir? What's the point?

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

It's a fkn massive bubble then.  And people like you describe are fools.

"Fools" that we need if we're ever going to achieve the goal of an independent Scotland. When is it going to sink in that it's the wrong attitude to take when trying to convince people over to your own side of the argument?

Calling people fools or idiots or whatever over and over and over again isn't suddenly going to make them agree with you that they are. It's just going to turn them against you even more. People you're relying on to get the desired outcome.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Why does a man who see's himself as some kind of god to the independence movement, feel the need to add things like this into the mix? Can't he just use Wings to focus on issues regarding independence itself and keep his own personal prejudices to himself? It was the same with the Hillsborough thing. Why use Wings to say things that he knows are going to cause a stir? What's the point?

He does.  You're talking about his Twitter feed not his website.  He's a private citizen who can say what he wants, he blogs almost exclusively on Scottish independence but mentions other happenings in Scottish politics from time to time.

People like bella Caledonia are much more like you describe, who insist everybody must subscribe exactly to every facet of their very narrow worldview of they're out.

It's the ability of the likes of the Tories to play to fools that gives them so much power in the first place. The same goes for the likes of Farage. They know how to feed on idiots. The minute that the SNP and Yes movement figure out exactly how to win these people over, the game is won.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

"Fools" that we need if we're ever going to achieve the goal of an independent Scotland. When is it going to sink in that it's the wrong attitude to take when trying to convince people over to your own side of the argument?

Calling people fools or idiots or whatever over and over and over again isn't suddenly going to make them agree with you that they are. It's just going to turn them against you even more. People you're relying on to get the desired outcome.

I'm not running the campaign and would temper my language appropriately to any given situation.

Just now, Kuro said:

He does.  You're talking about his Twitter feed not his website.  He's a private citizen who can say what he wants, he blogs almost exclusively on Scottish independence but mentions other happenings in Scottish politics from time to time.

People like bella Caledonia are much more like you describe, who insist everybody must subscribe exactly to every facet of their very narrow worldview of they're out.

He uses his Wings twitter feed, not his own personal "Stewart Campbell" twitter feed. I've also seen some of the more recent articles he has put up on the official Wings site. Articles that are achieving the exact opposite of bringing people together. The man is an out and out bigot.