Bad drivers & cyclists

5 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

AND they don;t stop to pick up their horses crap, like dog owners have to.

Dog shite is harmful to people, horse shite isnae.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my tuppenceworth:

As a BMW (easy c**t target) driver, fat occasional cyclist and three-times-a-day dog walker:

When driving, I always give considerate road cyclists plenty of room. 2 who know what they are doing and are abreast are always the safest and easiest to pass.

Cycle clubs (8+) in a peloton are a right pain but they are entitled to their road space. However, it's usually a Sunday. Patience is a virtue, etc, etc.

Lycra clad, testosterone fuelled road warrior arseholes would be better advised sticking to machines in the gym before they meet a real nutjob on the road. Just cos you've got a headcam doesn't mean you'll come away a winner.

I am fortunate enough to have plenty of surfaced cycle tracks round my way. Shared with other cyclists, dog walkers, horses, etc. I prefer a comedic Toad from Toad Hall "TOOT TOOT!!" than an anodyne ting ting of a bell. Always seems to provide a positive reaction when they see 16st of hi-viz orange MAMIL hefting past them.

I try to be aware of other cyclists when walking the dog but the number of c**ts that sneak up silently behind and then make like I've majorly inconvenienced them isn't funny. Utter c**nts. If you've got the baws to wear Lycra, have the baws to announce your arrival to an obstacle. No one's a mind reader.

And finally, other dog walkers, 2 abreast across the path, a dog each in different directions that spot you from 150yds out and then can't work out how it's going to end if they don't just shuffle off to the side. Serious stares cos little Bufty got such a fright. If the dog isn't on a lead - and I'm talking to all dog owners (me included) - and something happens, understand that it's your fault for not having your mutt under control.

TL;DR version: there's c**ts everywhere. Do your best to be considerate. It doesn't cost, nor take much time. And everyone gets to enjoy their piece of tarmac.

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just found a group worse than drivers, cyclists or joggers.

Horse riders. Going the opposite direction to one, while I'm braking and below 20mph in a 30 zone, and she frantically starts waving her hands at me to slow down then starts shaking her head. 

Hope you hit the revs a bit in response. They shouldn't be on the roads if their horses can't handle sub 20mph vehicles. 

Picked up a new bike yesterday and looking forward to being a bit of a bell end with it. Going to have to find a new category of people to rage about when I'm behind the wheel now and there's  not many horse riders in Leith unfortunately. 

Archived