Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Onto episode 4 already, seems the writers had the same thoughts as most of us, the maggie q parts have been scaled back a bit and a lot of the focus is on the political side which has been quite superb so far

Obviously the criminal part will come into play at some point, but right now the whole white house presidential race is really good viewing 

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

The swearing just seems completely out of place. It's continually just taken me right out of what's happening. I'll probably need to start the season again.

It does feel a bit odd when you're not used to these characters being like that. I guess they have a bit more freedom on this platform but they have gone a tad over the top with it, even Kirkman's bairn was at it.

I think that's the problem. I'm just not used to, after two 20+ episode seasons, hearing these characters saying these things. If it was on HBO and they were swearing like troopers from the word go, I'd probably have no issue.

On 10/06/2019 at 18:47, JamieStevenson said:

I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. They've toned down the Hannah Wells stuff a bit but it still kinda feels like she's part of an entirely different show.

I'm at the same stage, really enjoying it but the Wells stuff just feels completely unnecessary.

Half a dozen episodes in and...yes, hooked again. Genuinely considering going home early today to catch a sneaky episode. 

Agree about the swearing - it is out of place because it wasn't there before. If it had been there from day 1 we would never have noticed.

Whilst I am happy the Maggie Q storylines are scaled back a bit, I still crave more Maggie Q on my TV.