Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

If that's Kirkman running as a sensible centrist in the US, it would have been very interesting to see him tacking to the left. No wonder they just focused on the Kirkman v Moss dynamic and made Porter virtually invisible. 

Just finished the new series. I have to say I thought it was poor. The election stuff was boring. The new characters were awful stereotypes (apart from Green, the only bright spot of the series) and why did they feel the need to shoehorn every possible minority into the show? It seemed like every character had to have some side story no matter how tacked on and forced it was.

Really disappointing considering the quality of the first two series. :( 

I enjoyed it. Especially the Wells conclusion. It was always going to be difficult to maintain longevity considering the entire premise of the show but I think they gave it a pretty decent shot.

Well that was satisfying. Hannah Wells' storyline finished in the first season and she shouldn't have been kept on. Reminds me of Jenna Coleman in Doctor Who in that regard. The election stuff was quite good, and the addition of Goose was a master stroke (why was he listed as a guest star?).  

How can anyone be mad at Aaron for sleeping with Emily? Surely any man given the chance would, and their wives/girlfriends would understand. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Well that was satisfying. Hannah Wells' storyline finished in the first season and she shouldn't have been kept on. Reminds me of Jenna Coleman in Doctor Who in that regard. The election stuff was quite good, and the addition of Goose was a master stroke (why was he listed as a guest star?).  

How can anyone be mad at Aaron for sleeping with Emily? Surely any man given the chance would, and their wives/girlfriends would understand. 

You're missing the bigger picture here. Why hadn't he already done so? Shocking it took him that long.

• 1 month later...

i am surprisingly ok with this news. i really enjoyed 1 and 2 but this season just never reached the hights they set.

If they did another series it would just cover stuff they have already done, and he is no longer the designated survivor, he's been voted in.

Really enjoyed the first series, didn’t enjoy it when Netflix got it. There were a few good characters who simply disappeared, without as much as an attempt to explain their disappearance in the show’s script. I’ve forgotten his name at the moment, but the ‘geek’ with the glasses who was with Seth when the Tsunami hit - he was good, and was just wiped out. Same with the smart layer woman who advised Kirkman - just disappeared. Kirkman’s bodyguard dude too, think he was simply erased. Then, Netflix seemed to introduced quite strong swearing - simply because they could. Suddenly, characters were effing and blinding their way around the West Wing, and it simply jarred, wasn’t required, and was totally out of place. They really went for it with the gay sex too, and so on and soforth. Again, seemed to me they were doing it simply because they could.

As far as I’m concerned, it was decent when the Hannah Wells ‘investigation into the bomb / plot / terrorist stuff was running alongside Kirkman being thrust into the presidency, allied to the smart and snappy dialogue - lifted lock stock & barrel from ‘The West Wing’ - then it turned to shite.

Having said that, it’s a blow not to have Italia Ricci on my living room screen any longer. Be still my beating heart.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2019 at 22:09, pozbaird said:

Really enjoyed the first series, didn’t enjoy it when Netflix got it. There were a few good characters who simply disappeared, without as much as an attempt to explain their disappearance in the show’s script. I’ve forgotten his name at the moment, but the ‘geek’ with the glasses who was with Seth when the Tsunami hit - he was good, and was just wiped out. Same with the smart layer woman who advised Kirkman - just disappeared. Kirkman’s bodyguard dude too, think he was simply erased. Then, Netflix seemed to introduced quite strong swearing - simply because they could. Suddenly, characters were effing and blinding their way around the West Wing, and it simply jarred, wasn’t required, and was totally out of place. They really went for it with the gay sex too, and so on and soforth. Again, seemed to me they were doing it simply because they could.

As far as I’m concerned, it was decent when the Hannah Wells ‘investigation into the bomb / plot / terrorist stuff was running alongside Kirkman being thrust into the presidency, allied to the smart and snappy dialogue - lifted lock stock & barrel from ‘The West Wing’ - then it turned to shite.

Having said that, it’s a blow not to have Italia Ricci on my living room screen any longer. Be still my beating heart.

Kendra 😍

Emily 👌

• 4 weeks later...