Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

Serious question.
As just a few miles down the road Cowdenbeath seem to be imploding.
Would Kelty ever consider (All hypothetical) stepping into their shoes ?
It is called New Central park after all, and a real possible route into the Lowland League where it looks like your neighbours could be heading.

Why does it need to be one or the other?

Both teams can co-exist. Tho a lowland league rivalry would be interesting.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance, Cowdenbeath are a great local club with a great history of whom many people in Kelty support and many including myself support them as a local club, going to a few games a season when the chance arises.
To take advantage of a clubs demise certainly isn't something Kelty Hearts would ever want to be involved in, we would rather offer help to Cowdenbeath any way we could.

Why does it need to be one or the other?

Both teams can co-exist. Tho a lowland league rivalry would be interesting.

Because Kelty's route (if they did want one) is not clear cut. Cowdens route is.
I am happy to read that kefc would not wish to step into anothersearch grave

• 2 weeks later...

What is that sending off about.? 

Boy clearly bends down to take a free kick, Kelty player runs away with the ball and even then the Goalkeeper seems to miss the player and gets sent off. 

Looks a total farce from the officials. 

Maybe the keeper catches him hard to tell, still shouldn't have stood.

18 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

What is that sending off about.? 

Boy clearly bends down to take a free kick, Kelty player runs away with the ball and even then the Goalkeeper seems to miss the player and gets sent off. 

Looks a total farce from the officials. 

Maybe the keeper catches him hard to tell, still shouldn't have stood.

Surprised to see your laddie getting taken off as Broxburn re-organised.

You can hear the keeper catch Shak on the highlights, he took a genuine sore one. Possibly naive piece of play from a Broxburn view but a switched on play from Kelty.

I thought Broxburn were very good in parts and very energetic throughout the match, they made some great chances.

6 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Unlucky taking the same stance as Some, your laddie.

Even after the officials muck up the first decision, she can't give a red if she follows the new rules. 

Of course she can, it's a red card all day long. 

Under the new rules it is a red as it was outside the box. If its inside then its only a yellow.

Only know this as our keeper was sent off a few weeks ago and I asked the assessor who explained it to me.

Only applies to goalkeepers as far as I am aware too

31 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

Under the new rules it is a red as it was outside the box. If its inside then its only a yellow.

Only know this as our keeper was sent off a few weeks ago and I asked the assessor who explained it to me.

Only applies to goalkeepers as far as I am aware too

That's correct, although not sure about the only applying to keepers. I may be wrong but pretty sure it's same for outfield players, as long as it's a genuine attempt to win the ball 

1 hour ago, Breast Rummage Albion said:

Hill of Beaths Leishman gets sent off, takes the tape of his socks and throws it in a supporters face... utter dick!

Sean's got a wee temper on him lol. Bang out of order if true.

Archived