Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

Nothing wrong with it at all in my opinion. It's about time there was a strong top half in the east and Kelty and Bonnyrigg are now the top spenders. It's up to the likes of us, HoB and Bo'ness now to catch you. The standard of the league will increase because of it and there's already some good teams in there.

Steady comparing us with kelty as BIG spenders

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Linlithgow have chose a path that relies on membership of the SFA and financial benefits this can bring.  Improvements to the infrastructure are all very well but in doing so they have taken their eye of the playing side.  The results since Smith left have plummeted and we have witnessed quality players chased away for unknowns. 

Admittedly I have been guilty of a few digs/banter in recent months.  I readily admit the improvements off the park at Kelty have been fantastic and a good example to other clubs and indeed on the park as well.

Having been around the junior game for over 40 years - history tells you, players will always follow the money and history suggests if teams are not careful this can be an unwise policy.  Only time will tell if Kelty have the balance right (I hope so) as we ultimately all want a stronger junior game.

Kelty have also had the foresight to open more doors and to position themselves if there are changes to the Junior game in terms of the pyramid structure.

The club are in the process of their application for a licence just now which takes 3/5 months on a decision, I believe Auchinleck, Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness will or are following suit.

Admittedly I have been guilty of a few digs/banter in recent months.  I readily admit the improvements off the park at Kelty have been fantastic and a good example to other clubs and indeed on the park as well.
Having been around the junior game for over 40 years - history tells you, players will always follow the money and history suggests if teams are not careful this can be an unwise policy.  Only time will tell if Kelty have the balance right (I hope so) as we ultimately all want a stronger junior game.

I don't agree with your point about the Rose. We had plenty to muster a playing squad that could compete before the SFA Cup, so there should be no issue using that "bonus" money on improvements. We are in a very fortunate position to be able to do this and I for one think it's forward thinking.

We could have "bought" success with all the extra cash but we wouldn't have deserved it as we at a huge advantaged position compared to every other junior club.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 13:43, kefc said:

Kelty have also had the foresight to open more doors and to position themselves if there are changes to the Junior game in terms of the pyramid structure.

The club are in the process of their application for a licence just now which takes 3/5 months on a decision, I believe Auchinleck, Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness will or are following suit.

Kelty looking to join the eos league? Fairly sure Bonnyrigg aren't, cant see Auchinleck or Bo'ness looking  to join eos or sos league

24 minutes ago, db11 said:

Kelty looking to join the eos league? Fairly sure Bonnyrigg aren't, cant see Auchinleck or Bo'ness looking  to join eos or sos league

Kelty are not looking to join any other league, they have applied for their SFA licence. Auchinleck are and i believe Bonnyrigg and Boness will soon too.

IF there are changes to the Junior structure in terms of the pyramid then the club wants to be ready for it and there is also the automatic entry into the William Hill Scottish Cup.

Just now, kefc said:

Kelty are not looking to join any other league, they have applied for their SFA licence. Auchinleck are and i believe Bonnyrigg and Boness will soon too.

IF there are changes to the Junior structure in terms of the pyramid then the club wants to be ready for it and there is also the automatic entry into the William Hill Scottish Cup.

I believe by applying for licence the team commits to joining the pyramid structure.

8 minutes ago, db11 said:

I believe by applying for licence the team commits to joining the pyramid structure.

By applying you do commit to participate to the pyramid structure on instruction by the SFA, failure to do so may mean your licence is revoked.

Our club would embrace the pyramid structure and it's only a matter of time before the Junior clubs are involved, 2-3-5 years it will happen in our opinion and we want to be ready for it.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Kelty got pumped 3-0 the last time they played an eos team, so what is your point ?

lthv a very decent team. Leith similar. But the rest ?  Burntisland got beat 14-0 at Bonnyrigg and it should have been 20+

In the last couple of years Easthouses and Criagroyston have jumped from eos to  junior with rumours more to follow.

I doubt very much Kelty are applying for their licence and going to switch to eosl.

That's great news that Kelty want to join the SFA and I assume that the application is welcome which dispels any rumours that the juniors aren't wanted.

I'd hope bonnyrigg would plan to go for it too as comments from the chairman suggested they'd build a stand and put in floodlights with the cup money.

The east of Scotland league is unlikely to be enforced as the there are already 5members out with the pyramid.

kefc - When do you hope to hear by?

4 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

That's great news that Kelty want to join the SFA and I assume that the application is welcome which dispels any rumours that the juniors aren't wanted.

I'd hope bonnyrigg would plan to go for it too as comments from the chairman suggested they'd build a stand and put in floodlights with the cup money.

The east of Scotland league is unlikely to be enforced as the there are already 5members out with the pyramid.

kefc - When do you hope to hear by?

My understanding is that by applying for licence you commit to pyramid. Kelty or Bonnyrigg would be commiting to applying for eosl, my understanding is Bonnyrigg wont apply on this basis. Personally I wouldn't want to be playing in eosl

Archived