Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There have been only 2 Kelty posters posted since they moved its folk from other clubs keeping it going:lol:

That's cos there is a new thread now in the EoS Forum started by gogsy(thank you).

Bye Kelty FC fans and posters

That's cos there is a new thread now in the EoS Forum started by gogsy(thank you).
Bye Kelty FC fans and posters

There are plenty of non-junior fans posting in here too. Take it you want them to bugger off too? It's like the League of Gentleman!

What a mess to get yourself in.

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

That's what I am saying start a new thread NOW for the new season in EoS forum and spout there dribble there.

Bye Kelty

Even using capital letters.....beyond raging 

10 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Aye start your new stream for season 2017-18 on the East of Scotland League page and post all your dribble there. And if the administrator for the juniors info site reads this comment delete them from the list of junior teams who make comment on that site. Kelty are now officially a member of the EoS League and us followers of Junior Football do not want sites relating to Junior football contaminated with their dribble.

Bye Kelty

Bonnyrigg's halfwit on the loose.

10 hours ago, taysider99 said:

If people say Tranent as four up from the premier league then surely they should have a play-off with Tayport they surely deserve the place as much as Tranent due to there history

So a team that joined the Juniors in 1990 has more history than one that joined in 1911?

Interesting concept.

11 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

I am not raging. I just don't see why Kelty should get publicity on Junior football forums when they are leaving Junior football.

If you remember on the juniors info web site before the new administrator took over and tidied it up we were getting contaminated with info from some club called Spartans and it appears Kelty are now contaminating the same.

Bye Kelty

So still raging then aye?

I take your point, but given you posted about 5 minutes after the announcement was made it seems a bit callous?

No doubt the new thread will be opened on the EOS section and your wish will be granted.

Don't see what the problem is here, if a club is ambitious and feel that joining another league is the best thing for them , then we should wish them the best of luck.

Sad to say, but the junior grade is stuck in the 20th century, no make that the 19th, anyone who has been to an SJFA AGM in the past few years will know that. A disaster of a venue, all over in not much more than half an hour, no meaningful discussioin of the pressing topics affecting every club, e.g. difficulty in attracting major sponsors, fixture scheduling, poor grounds resulting in serial cancellation of fixtures during the winter months, etc.

I don't remember the same fuss when Ross County jumped ship from the Highland League to join the Scottish League. They are the perfect example of what a small town club CAN achieve if they are determined, the fact that they have a substantial backer does make a difference but its certainly not the whole story.

I can see a few other clubs going down the same route in the not too far distant future.

58 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

I don't remember the same fuss when Ross County jumped ship from the Highland League to join the Scottish League. They are the perfect example of what a small town club CAN achieve if they are determined, the fact that they have a substantial backer does make a difference but its certainly not the whole story.

It’s not the whole story but without Roy McGregor’s money, Ross County would be playing Annan instead of Aberdeen. A well run club certainly, but they are punching way above their level due to a sugar daddy. The same is the case with Kelty, they wouldn’t be in the position they are in now without significant financial backing. East Kilbride won the LL, again they wouldn’t even exist without the heavy financial backing they receive.

That isn’t anything to aspire to, 95% of clubs will never have a sugar daddy to boost them up the leagues. If you have cash/resources to scoot through the backwater of the EoS in a season then great, if you don’t then you can’t risk joining this half-arsed Pyramid, you’re better off remaining Junior.

I fear that Kelty moving will lessen the chances of a proper workable Pyramid structure being put in place.  The EoS and the SoS are not fit for purpose, and neither is the Lowland League.

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It’s not the whole story but without Roy McGregor’s money, Ross County would be playing Annan instead of Aberdeen. A well run club certainly, but they are punching way above their level due to a sugar daddy. The same is the case with Kelty, they wouldn’t be in the position they are in now without significant financial backing. East Kilbride won the LL, again they wouldn’t even exist without the heavy financial backing they receive.

That isn’t anything to aspire to, 95% of clubs will never have a sugar daddy to boost them up the leagues. If you have cash/resources to scoot through the backwater of the EoS in a season then great, if you don’t then you can’t risk joining this half-arsed Pyramid, you’re better off remaining Junior.

I fear that Kelty moving will lessen the chances of a proper workable Pyramid structure being put in place.  The EoS and the SoS are not fit for purpose, and neither is the Lowland League.

You've tried to make yer point a few times now Burnie_man Do you honestly think Kelty are losing sleep aboot your fears? 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

You've tried to make yer point a few times now Burnie_man Do you honestly think Kelty are giving a fcuk aboot your fears? 

No, but this is a forum and I'm airing my views.  I know you have difficulty with that at times, must be that Broon sauce beer scooshing yer brain cells  :-)

Archived