Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelty really had to dig deep today. Big number 9 for nitten caused them all sorts of problems in the first half. Some mistakes cost goals but what a goal for the kelty first. Take a boo son. 

Be another tough game at Camelon next week, notoriously difficult park to get a result at for any team. That's if the ducks have vacated their holiday home in the centre circle after a swim this weekend ;)

First time at Newtongrange today, cracking setup and pitch was really good for this time of year.

Needed Craig`s goal to get us going yesterday we were a wee bit flat till that point.

RB Goal machine Murray Carstairs 3 from 3 now, the build up for the 3rd was awesome especially the take & cross in a wanny from Hubby, great finish from big Brian.

Behind twice in the match so did well to come back for the victory, well done.

Hope Skip is ok.

16 minutes ago, macintosh said:

There`s an explanation on page 5 of this thread.

That's not really an explanation, it's more a combination of deflection and bollocks. 

So where does all the money come from given you have a fairly small home support?

Take a look around the board 8mile, sure there will be a comprehensive statement regarding Kelty`s financials somewhere.
Its a wonder the boys have any time to run the club what with continually having to justify their existence to posters on P&B.

Take a look around the board 8mile, sure there will be a comprehensive statement regarding Kelty`s financials somewhere.
Its a wonder the boys have any time to run the club what with continually having to justify their existence to posters on P&B.

There's no comprehensive statement about Kelty's finances on here. Why would their be anything like that on this board? What a bizarre comment.

So where does all the money come from?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

That's not really an explanation, it's more a combination of deflection and bollocks. 

So where does all the money come from given you have a fairly small home support?

I am sick to the back teeth reading your drivel about my club on this forum. I have been on the kelty hearts committee for 40 years. In that time I have witnessed some great boness teams, and watched them bankroll the league with big signings.

I've had many a pint in your busy social club, and for many years boness were the pinnacle of the east juniors. In more recent seasons I was gutted when Ross philp left our "wee" club to join the "mighty" BU's.

The truth of the matter is, your club is on a slippery slope. Your once busy social club is no more. The famous Newton park is tired and in need of an upgrade. Your squad is not as strong as it has been. You just have to look around at the ambition of several other clubs who are trying to get to the top table, and some people do not like it one bit.

It has been well documented on here, and questions asked about our clubs income. We are no different to any other club. We have great sponsors, we have a dedicated hard working committee and a strong fan base, that is growing. Only time will tell if our model is the recipe for success and we believe we are heading in the right direction. The job is far from finished. But the manager, staff, players, committee, sponsors and fans all support what we are trying to do.

I have read so many posts about money men or sugar daddies. Have you ever been to New Central Park? Have you seen what goes on on a match day? Come up to our next home game as my guest and have a look for yourself....

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

There's no comprehensive statement about Kelty's finances on here. Why would their be anything like that on this board? What a bizarre comment.

So where does all the money come from?

BU people stirring on here should cast there minds back to 2009 when Alan Mcgonigal took over and a host of top players were signed on big wages after years of mediocrity and relegations, these big wages have continued since then and are still being paid to your current squad.

Everyone wondered at the time where this injection of cash came from, i think every man and there dog knows exactly who subsidies the wages at Bo'ness.

Enough has been explained about how Kelty are run, here's a question I'd be asking if I was a BU fan or a guy on the BU committee is where the club will be when their money/person leaves the club?

BU have a massive fan base but to not capitalise on that by not investing in the ground at any point since 2009, no future plan to secure the club i.e. no plan to build a Social Club to have a future income stream, its been a very short term plan imo which has yealded relative success on the pitch but now a couple of clubs namely Kelty and Bonnyrigg have got their houses in order short and long term on and off the pitch through investment and hard work, some people are having a go through jealousy.

Linlithgow are the benchmark for any club in the East in terms of facilities imo not had the best of times in terms of public relations the last few years but ultimately they are a top club that we all aspire to be. Kelty & Bonnyrigg well on the way to getting there, it should be respected, hard working committee people giving up their time for free every day and some investing their hard earned money through sponsorship into a local football club to improve it, unfortunately jealousy always wins over respect for some people.

I suggest the people with issues on here about other clubs should get a grip and concentrate on their own club.

Archived