Old Firm referee bias.

the one I always remember was when Craig levein was fined for telling the truth after a particularly biased display at ibrox.

the united fans missed a trick there as they could have opened a bank account that anyone could pay into to cover the fine.

i am sure at the end of the day levein would have paid it himself but the money raised could have been donated with much fanfare to a charity of his choice.i think a considerable amount would have been raised whilst showing the football authorities what  the average fan thinks of the favouritism that the two arse cheeks get.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David misses the point as per.

What is being discussed here is conscious or sub conscious bias towards old firm teams based on a number of reasons including media scrutiny big crowds etc. All natural human instincts.

You try and claim there is an intentional conspiracy against Celtic. A bat shit lunatic suggestion.

Happy to help.

David misses the point as per.

What is being discussed here is conscious or sub conscious bias towards old firm teams based on a number of reasons including media scrutiny big crowds etc. All natural human instincts.

You try and claim there is an intentional conspiracy against Celtic. A bat shit lunatic suggestion.

Happy to help.

So if that's the case then why did the referee give that non-penalty against Celtic? How does that work out in your theory.

Also just a thought...if crowds sway refs then why don't you appeal to your cup final fans to turn up and help gain that advantage.

So there is old-firm bias from referees?

Is there. I wasn't claiming there was/wasn't. I'm saying you're a hypocrite. Do you need it said a 3rd time or has it sunk in yet?

I genuinely think he has mental health issues.

You not going to challenge Hammer Jags claims then that the referee booked one of their players for purely sectarian reasons?

He managed to turn it into a debate about cup final attendances.

I'm speechless, I really am

I'm sorry, is there no link between big crowds intimidating refs & your lack of ability to do likewise because you can't encourage your cup final crowds to turn up and support you on a regular basis :lol:

I understand it. You don't like facts being used against you in an argument and would rather have the gang mentality to try and gain the upper hand. Stan & the gang will be along soon...right after he posts another deflection so he doesn't have to tackle the claims he did when I made them lol

Steven McManus snapped Dean Holden's leg in two with a studs up shocker. Holden was out for 9 months and never the same player again. We didn't even get a free kick.

We were denied two stone wall penalties in that match and McDonald's goal for Celtic was offside.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Steven McManus snapped Dean Holden's leg in two with a studs up shocker. Holden was out for 9 months and never the same player again. We didn't even get a free kick.

We were denied two stone wall penalties in that match and McDonald's goal for Celtic was offside.

Remember it like it was yesterday.

In our 5 seasons in the SPL there were plenty of examples of Celtic getting shocking decisions v Falkirk.

I watched 1 night as McManus punched the ball into our net for fuxake.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Remember it like it was yesterday.

In our 5 seasons in the SPL there were plenty of examples of Celtic getting shocking decisions v Falkirk.

I watched 1 night as McManus punched the ball into our net for fuxake.

Yup. It's just the first one that came to mind.

There's a difference between us having 10000 fans on the refs back and Old Firm fans threatening his family and panning in his windows.

37 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

There clearly is a link between big crowds influencing refereeing decisions, it happens all over the world and there have been studies done on it.

That's us f***ed every game. :lol:

1 hour ago, Davie Bhoy said:

I'm sorry, is there no link between big crowds intimidating refs & your lack of ability to do likewise because you can't encourage your cup final crowds to turn up and support you on a regular basis :lol:

I understand it. You don't like facts being used against you in an argument and would rather have the gang mentality to try and gain the upper hand. Stan & the gang will be along soon...right after he posts another deflection so he doesn't have to tackle the claims he did when I made them lol

Could somebody translate this into English for me, please?

3 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

So have Celtic never had a player suspended for simulation then?

I was only calling you out on your claim, and making a like for like comparison. I'm sure you'll no doubt go through the history books to find someone though to make you feel better.

Refs make mistakes, players make mistakes, managers make mistakes, everykunt make mistakes every so often.

With their every move scrutinised by tv cameras they are not going to be biased.

There is no doubt whatsoever that referees are more lenient towards Celtic and Rangers players committing fouls.  They aren't mistakes, they're conscious decisions the referee makes at the time to avoid a backlash from the fans and press.

Edit - Fans of every club can pluck incidents from the top of their head where an OF player has committed a bookable or red card tackle which was waved away, most within the last year of playing either club. 

23 minutes ago, bennett said:

Refs make mistakes, players make mistakes, managers make mistakes, everykunt make mistakes every so often.

With their every move scrutinised by tv cameras they are not going to be biased.

An insult to the fans of the 40 other SPFL clubs.

I've seen refs act completely differently when doing a Falkirk v Rangers/Celtic match compared with any other Falkirk fixture.

Judging by this thread, so has every other Club.

Shame we don't have the media clout to highlight the incidents and put pressure on refs to give us a fair crack of the whip.

Archived