Old Firm referee bias.

47 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

More guff from a Saints fan.

• Nobody complained about the first penalty. NOBODY.
  • The second one, people accepted could have been.
  • The third was a joke.
  • John Baird was fouled at a level somewhere between penalties 2 and 3.

I do recall you (perhaps some other Letham dweller) arguing we were the most physical side he's ever seen at McDiarmid. At that point you lost any credibility, sorry.

Most physical? No way, but one of the poorest in a while? Possibly. Even worse than last season's Killie, who managed to beat us.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this wee gem!!

Thursday, 30 December 2010

There are no Masonic Scottish referees, you are paranoid.... Repeat: There are no Masonic Scottish referees, you are paranoid...

Bobby Tait passed into legend as the referee who added on time for non-existent injury stoppages in Rangers' last home game of 1997/98 season, inadvertently allowing Kilmarnock to snatch a winning goal and deliver a devastating fatal blow to the ****' 10-in-a-row hopes. Of course that was paranoia, the extra time added was an "honest mistake", presumably a 'slip of the watch'.

It is widely understood that Bobby Tait was granted this match at his own request as some sort of retirement ritual customary among Scottish masons.... sorry referees. This would be Tait's last season as a Grade One official. Such speculation is dismissed as paranoia by sober minded objective commentators however.

Bobby Tait also refereed a few games involving Celtic that season.

In February, he was at it again (or to be more chronologically correct, for the first time that season), adding on non-existent injury time with Celtic leading Hearts 1-0 at Tynecastle, having had a second goal dubiously disallowed. Tait must have been delighted when Hearts' Jose Quitongo scored deep into this "non-existent" injury time. However that last statement is purely paranoia.

In early April, Tait refereed Celtic-Hearts yet again, this time at Celtic Park. A slight statistical anomaly for the same referee to be assigned to the same fixture within such a short timeframe particularly with both clubs challenging for the title one might have thought - if you were paranoid. In any case the scoreline was 0-0 with Celtic well on top and pressing for the winning goal as the game moved into the 90th minute. However despite one particularly lengthy stoppage following an injury to Stephane Mahe, Tait bizarrely blew for full-time right on the 90th minute, allowing no injury time whatsoever. With the top three in the league separated by only two points (Celtic, H##s, Mini H**s), Rangers were the clear beneficiaries of the result. Pointing this out is complete paranoia of course.

Anecdotally, it was known that when not refereeing Scottish league matches, Bobby Tait travelled around the country on Rangers supporters buses to watch his favourite team. More paranoia.

It was also known that Tait was in the habit of turning up for his refereeing fitness assessments in full Rangers kit. Obviously this was just paranoia though.

Stories abound of Bobby Tait touring the Masonic Lodge after-dinner speaking circuit, boasting proudly of having never awarded a penalty against Rangers. But these claims are simply paranoia.

Bobby Tait was known to be a Mason but this is proven paranoia. Oh no wait....(see below)

But Tait was a Grade One referee over 10 years ago and of course there are no Masonic Scottish referees today...

Image result for face palm gif muppets

27 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Found this wee gem!!

Thursday, 30 December 2010

There are no Masonic Scottish referees, you are paranoid.... Repeat: There are no Masonic Scottish referees, you are paranoid...

Bobby Tait passed into legend as the referee who added on time for non-existent injury stoppages in Rangers' last home game of 1997/98 season, inadvertently allowing Kilmarnock to snatch a winning goal and deliver a devastating fatal blow to the ****' 10-in-a-row hopes. Of course that was paranoia, the extra time added was an "honest mistake", presumably a 'slip of the watch'.

It is widely understood that Bobby Tait was granted this match at his own request as some sort of retirement ritual customary among Scottish masons.... sorry referees. This would be Tait's last season as a Grade One official. Such speculation is dismissed as paranoia by sober minded objective commentators however.

Bobby Tait also refereed a few games involving Celtic that season.

In February, he was at it again (or to be more chronologically correct, for the first time that season), adding on non-existent injury time with Celtic leading Hearts 1-0 at Tynecastle, having had a second goal dubiously disallowed. Tait must have been delighted when Hearts' Jose Quitongo scored deep into this "non-existent" injury time. However that last statement is purely paranoia.

In early April, Tait refereed Celtic-Hearts yet again, this time at Celtic Park. A slight statistical anomaly for the same referee to be assigned to the same fixture within such a short timeframe particularly with both clubs challenging for the title one might have thought - if you were paranoid. In any case the scoreline was 0-0 with Celtic well on top and pressing for the winning goal as the game moved into the 90th minute. However despite one particularly lengthy stoppage following an injury to Stephane Mahe, Tait bizarrely blew for full-time right on the 90th minute, allowing no injury time whatsoever. With the top three in the league separated by only two points (Celtic, H##s, Mini H**s), Rangers were the clear beneficiaries of the result. Pointing this out is complete paranoia of course.

Anecdotally, it was known that when not refereeing Scottish league matches, Bobby Tait travelled around the country on Rangers supporters buses to watch his favourite team. More paranoia.

It was also known that Tait was in the habit of turning up for his refereeing fitness assessments in full Rangers kit. Obviously this was just paranoia though.

Stories abound of Bobby Tait touring the Masonic Lodge after-dinner speaking circuit, boasting proudly of having never awarded a penalty against Rangers. But these claims are simply paranoia.

Bobby Tait was known to be a Mason but this is proven paranoia. Oh no wait....(see below)

But Tait was a Grade One referee over 10 years ago and of course there are no Masonic Scottish referees today...

Image result for face palm gif muppets

Is that from the "Anyone but Celtic" guy?

Stop changing the subject.

We were rank, we all freely admit that, but one of your mob, I think RG, was peddling the 'most physical team' line, which is utterly laughable.

You were nowhere near the most physical. Probably the most naive though, with the obvious holding, pushing and shirt pulling. Most other teams are a bit cuter about it.

6 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

More guff from a Saints fan.

• Nobody complained about the first penalty. NOBODY.
  • The second one, people accepted could have been.
  • The third was a joke.
  • John Baird was fouled at a level somewhere between penalties 2 and 3.

I do recall you (perhaps some other Letham dweller) arguing we were the most physical side he's ever seen at McDiarmid. At that point you lost any credibility, sorry.

I'm usually first to agree that Letham is a shithole but cmon Falkirk? It is one of if not the biggest shithole I've ever been in.

I may add that I've squated in a toilet* in India.

*a fly infested hole in the ground.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 05:11, Davie Bhoy said:

There are some names you remember. Couldn't remember who it was though and had to look up yer squad to hog my memory.

You made a pig's ear of that post...

I'm a proud Bairn o' Falkirk by birth; I've never lived there, but I know it's not perfect by any means. It's certainly no more of a shithole than any number of wee/middling sized touns, though.

You may be interested to know I've long settled in #Perthshire, my man!

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I'm a proud Bairn o' Falkirk by birth; I've never lived there, but I know it's not perfect by any means. It's certainly no more of a shithole than any number of wee/middling sized touns, though.

You may be interested to know I've long settled in #Perthshire, my man!

Good. Shows how culturally diverse Perthshire is.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 17:51, Tony Wonder said:

I still know Celtic fans who complain about the penalty we got against them in the semi in 2012 despite the fact it was 2 handballs. 

I know Celtic fans who still moan about Brother Bobby Davidson's refereeing in the 1970 Scottish Cup Final...

On 06/10/2016 at 18:13, The Saintee said:

Is that from the "Anyone but Celtic" guy?

On 06/10/2016 at 18:27, mjw said:

More likely its from Davie Bhoy.

Whoever it was 

Thanks for reminding me about Jose Quitongo's acrobatic celebrations

Jose Quitongo Is an absolute legend

After the events of the last few years I'm inclined to think that there's more truth to a lot of the Celtic fan's whinges than they're given credit for. What they will never accept though is that not far after the blatant pro-Rangers/Rangers Int bias comes the blatant pro-Celtic bias with the rest of us nowhere. It's basically how the whole Scottish game works.

Archived