Accies - St Johnstone

I salute your positivity!

My recollections of him today are: fresh air swipe at ball at the back post, miscontrolling ball out for a throw and firing a pass at Liam Craig far too powerfully at height. Was expecting a lot better to be honest.

Yeah, he didn't seem to actually do well with the ball, almost as if he's trying too hard to impress. I expected him to be better as well but that's the first I've ever seen him play so can't really make a judgement yet. Looking forward to yous coming to Dingwall next week should hopefully be a good game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I salute your positivity!

My recollections of him today are: fresh air swipe at ball at the back post, miscontrolling ball out for a throw and firing a pass at Liam Craig far too powerfully at height. Was expecting a lot better to be honest.

Sounds like a huge improvement on the last striker to make their second appearance for us in a game at Hamilton...

Very Scrappy game, in which the draw was fair I thought.

Still can't believe Docherty didn't hit that first time, to many situations like that already.

Thought MacKinnon looked good today, seemed like the only player willing to go in for the challenge.

Heard a few people say D'Acol was poor, didn't see that myself, thought he did his job, held up the ball well, and gave one hundred percent.

Thought Donati was shocking, far to slow on the ball, and decision making was awful. Gillespie and Imrie was also particularly poor, and it's was one of those missing in action games for Crawford.

Have to say I thought Longridge was bad, but the abuse he received was way over the top, how's he expected to try harder and better himself when he's faced with that, as soon as he comes on.

D'Acol did well defending set plays today. He made 2 or 3 good headed clearances. His job is to hold the ball up and bring others into play which he does ok and his workrate is good but I don't see him scoring many for us with his style of play. I thought Brophy had a really quiet game today. It's poor that none of our forwards have managed to score in the league yet.

Two points dropped, Docherty has got to hit that chance first time FFS. Agree about D'Acol, thought he done well but I also thought Bingham looked lively when he came on, he seems to have a bit more energy and pace than D'Acol. As for Longridge, how anyone can say the abuse he receives is over the top is deluded., an awful player.  

D'Acol did well, set up the goal, cleared a certain goal off the line and had several headed clearances from corners. It's not as if he's missing chance after chance. Perhaps one wee criticism, the ball across goal in the first half, can't remember who from, he could have anticipated it and been nearer the front post. Would have preferred to see Bingham start but happy with two up and how they both did. Brophy's substitution had some around me unhappy but he was probably tired and a change was needed. Don't see how Canning was negative as someone said, with two up front. Our midfield was weaker as a result and were overpowered though Mackinnon did well again. Saints deserved a draw, Swanson did not deserve to be on the losing side but he would have been had the otherwise excellent Docherty not fluffed his big chance. I try to get behind Longridge, at times he does look like he might do something, he has energy and pace so I can see why he came on but nine times out of ten he chooses the wrong option. Special shout for Dan Seabourne, didn't put a foot wrong.

Also, have to laugh at the fans singing the Donati song. How about a song for some of our better players, like the ones that have been here years? Donati, so far, doesn't deserve the recognition.

18 hours ago, accies1874 said:

My dad said there was trouble after the game in the underground car park. Any truth in that?

If it had all kicked off.......would you have abandoned your dad like a certain Dundee shitebag?

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies fans are deluded, getting upset about singing a players name because he hasn't been there that long emoji23.png

Look forward to a "there's only one Greg Docherty" or Ali but the Celtic leaners will sing Massimo and slag off Devlin. Both have been dodgy so far.

Archived