Accies - St Johnstone

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Happy enough with the result. We really need to start keeping the lead, though.
My dad said there was trouble after the game in the underground car park. Any truth in that?

Walked through it just after and there wasn't even a hint of trouble 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't terrible after finding our feet, possibly caught out by Accies playing a back three? Squandered some good openings in first half then were on front foot for most of the second, although Accies were a threat on break and did give as good as they got after the equaliser.

Slightly disappointed to only take a point but need to at least test the goalkeeper when we get in good areas.

I thought Clark looked good again and made a fine block from Docherty (?) in the second half. Didn't hold the Imrie stinger but dealt with it calmly. We were also introduced to the weapon that is his throw, hurling the ball 50 yards at times!

Longridge is atrocious. His decision making skills cost us time and time again, he just seems to take forever to decide what he's going to do and by that point the momentum is gone. 

Knew Saints would score in the second half, just gutted I never stuck a few quid on it. Definitely feels like a point lost than gained.

It wasn't terrible after finding our feet, possibly caught out by Accies playing a back three? Squandered some good openings in first half then were on front foot for most of the second, although Accies were a threat on break and did give as good as they got after the equaliser.

Slightly disappointed to only take a point but need to at least test the goalkeeper when we get in good areas.

How did Comrie look? Would be quite positive if both him and Gordon looked comfortable in the last two games, despite the results

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How did Comrie look? Would be quite positive if both him and Gordon looked comfortable in the last two games, despite the results

Seemed to struggle a bit initially but definitely grew into the game, played well attacking in the second half with Alston and Swanson. 

Thought Comrie looked understandably nervous early on but managed to keep things together and would agree he did alright going forward in the second half. At the least both he and Gordon will hopefully save us from another Hart, Doyle or Krachunov.

Poor first half, but as mentioned above we were on top and looking threatening when Accies scored.

Saints were all over them second half, we dominated the midfield.  Had a few chances but not many clear cut.  Swanson is magnificent to watch, and Accies ended up fouling him at every opportunity. Alston came onto a game a bit in the second half, much better playing higher up on the right. Comrie did really well.  He's quite small and slight but looks confident once he'd settled.

The ref seemed to give Accies every foul in the first half and gave us nothing.  Didn't seem so bad after HT.

The result is a bit disappointing given we could have gone second, but the performance was decent.  We do miss Macleans link up play a lot though.

32 minutes ago, dayman said:

Seemed to struggle a bit initially but definitely grew into the game, played well attacking in the second half with Alston and Swanson. 

25 minutes ago, john1962 said:

I thought he looked good, comfortable defending and happy to get forward when he got the chance

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

Thought Comrie looked understandably nervous early on but managed to keep things together and would agree he did alright going forward in the second half. At the least both he and Gordon will hopefully save us from another Hart, Doyle or Krachunov.

Good to hear. It'll be interesting to see what happens if Fosters injury keeps him out for a week or two.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Happy enough with the result. We really need to start keeping the lead, though.
My dad said there was trouble after the game in the underground car park. Any truth in that?

That group of Hamilton neds were trying to start trouble with the Saints fans

Scum

I thought he looked pretty lively when he came on today, was trying to make moves off the ball when others just stood there hoping for something to happen.

I salute your positivity!

My recollections of him today are: fresh air swipe at ball at the back post, miscontrolling ball out for a throw and firing a pass at Liam Craig far too powerfully at height. Was expecting a lot better to be honest.

Archived