Scotland Squad

das scooter boy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

granted there is players from different leagues who might be better but as the team are heading away, these guys might not be able to get time off their jobs,

i know of 2 players who have had to cancel and withdraw because of work and 1 for family reasons too.

That's funny, when I personally asked the club if anyone wanted to be considered for the team, I got zero reply...

So if it's you that emails this season and if the club reply, knapp, will he be considered. That may have happened at the start of last season but knapp and Mullen both asked mid season. One was allowed one wasn't

The past two squads now have featured no Colville players which I find very strange. Usually at least 5/6 would get a call up but to go down to  none shows signs of an issue with the club. Agreed also the exclusion of any players from Ayrshire is also strange. The Scotland squad IMO is nowhere near as strong on paper and individually but apart from the odd player the manager has kept a core from the previous games and seems to be getting results so can't really complain too much.

22 hours ago, Gary Hamilton said:

There's a number of players that cannot play due restrictions, when I was involved they had to be playing amateur football for three years continuously. This ultimately rules out a number of people.

Well that rule clearly isn't still in force. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nicky Moore from Larkhall played Junior last season and Andy McLay from Glasgow Harp also played Junior football recently and has not been playing amateur for 3 years straight. Can't see that rule still being in force.

5 hours ago, Boselecta said:

Maybe they only had amateur contract? Don't know if it applies.Anyone know

It's definitely to do with the amount of money they received at Junior or senior over the a certain period of time and not just playing at that level.

the second to last scottish squad had no CP players as they were preparing for their Senior Scottish Cup game.

Bruce has just stuck by the boys who got them in the tournament. 

I think the scottish squad will surprise people. 

As for this best player in amateur football nonsense.. I dont care how good someone is, if theyre an areshole theyre an arsehole. Would I want someone in the dressing room who could upset the group? create any sort of disharmony? Nope. Would the scottish select want someone who could sulley the image of the team/country? No. Too much of a liability. His attitude is probably the reason he's still kicking a ball about the muddy fields of ayrshire. 

For what its worth, i'd take McKay and Chris Craig over Knapp anyday. 

Archived