Arbroath vs Cowdenbeath

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fail to see how any of the goals we've lost would've been stopped if Ricky was playing centre half though???? Clydes 3rd maybe, but then again it was Ricky and the centre half that McDonald got in behind on that GK.

I think Brown and Hammy/Sukur have played well. Got my own opinions on why we've been losing goals which I've said plenty

I'd only play Ricky at RB with Bobby infront though, Kader needs more help down his side and gets back defensively more. Kader would be better with Phillips behind him IMO.

the third goal lost to Clyde was because Brown who  lacks experience got on the wrong side of McDonald that would not have happened if Ricky was at centre half also the defence is better organised with him there he's continually talking to the guys either side of him and in midfield therefore as a team I think we defend better

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is about 10 yards over from where he usually is he can still talk and organise a defence from RB

And that was awful defending all round, Hamilton was nowhere near it to start with and the ball bounced on the edge of our box, Brown could've done better but wouldn't say it was his fault or it wouldn't have happened if Ricky was there

Did Little not play RB against Elgin in that clean sheet anyway? Arguably our best considering

If the guy had scored that open goal Mutch gave him then I'd suppose that would back up this we lose more goals with Ricky at RB theory

Eta: I actually prefer him at centre half. Just don't think he's doing badly at RB and think Brown/Hammy/Sukur have done perfectly well on the whole. Clyde 3rd aside which was a really bad one

impossible for any right back to organise a defense 

What a lot of nonsense

Fwiw Ricky Little shouldn't be the only guy doing organising and he won't be the only guy doing it

The keeper and back 4 are all equally responsible for helping each other out and I've not seen anything from any of them that suggests they aren't doing that, even Mutch is vocal

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What a lot of nonsense

Fwiw Ricky Little shouldn't be the only guy doing organising and he won't be the only guy doing it

The keeper and back 4 are all equally responsible for helping each other out and I've not seen anything from any of them that suggests they aren't doing that, even Mutch is vocal

Not really, a right-back can only influence our defensive line when the ball is down our left. If we're being attacked down our right, the right back simply cannot control the shape of our defence.

The last 3 games with Ricky at right back has seen one goal conceded in open play stemming from our left IIRC. Even then, that was the extremely unlucky OG against Stirling.

Not really, a right-back can only influence our defensive line when the ball is down our left. If we're being attacked down our right, the right back simply cannot control the shape of our defence.

The last 3 games with Ricky at right back has seen one goal conceded in open play stemming from our left IIRC. Even then, that was the extremely unlucky OG against Stirling.

I dunno. I mean he's 10 yards further to the right and it's no like we're playing infront of huge crowds, whole defence will still be able to hear him

Think there's a few alternatives to use depending on the game, Phillips not as good defensively as Hammy, could swap them defending on who were playing, need height maybe go with Little RB Hammy LB and the 2 young lads centre half etc

See what happens tomorrow, I think if McCord had played more the last few weeks Whatley would've found himself RB on Saturday if he was fit

Anyways think this game is going to be tough, we really need to start taking out chances. Doris needing a goal badly.
Hopefully see a mistake free game from Mutch if he plays, if that happens I fancy us to atleast get a draw, hopefully all 3 points. Still only lost 1 from 6 which is decent but need to start picking up more wins.

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What a lot of nonsense

Being vocal doesn't mean your organising. .  against Clyde in particular the defence were all over the place there is no way the two young boys should be our first choice at centre half 

Archived