25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok we were poor.

Or our style makes us look poor. DM will always keep men behind the ball let opponents (who want it) have possession. Then we counter.

The Orcs can be as pretty on the ball and have as much movement as they want but they created F-All. There were 2 or 3 opportunities where if we chose the simple pass instead of shooting we could have scored more.

Beaton was shite all game. For both sides. His bookings and non bookings were baffling and inconsistent.

They were given free kicks for nothing throughout the game, but didnt score. , We did.

90th minute.

Couldnt have planned it better.

GIRUY

We will enjoy it while it lasts and will take it back in return. In a civilised manner.

Unlike you knucklemdragging, snivelling, cavemen, zombie, orc scum.

MJC you are a total **** mate.

From what I've seen of Rangers this season Waghorn looks out of his depth stepping up a level, Miller is still not bad but his age is catching up with him and Garner offers little other than being a red card waiting to happen.  Mackay was the only one that looked like he might do something but i suspect once all the teams have played against him once they will figure out how to contain him better.

Combined with their piss poor defensive line I suspect this kind of result or lots of 1-1 draws will be almost the norm for much of the season.   If this lit finish above Hearts, Aberdeen or St Johnston I will be pretty surprised.

Just now, Myview said:

I didn't think physical dominance had anything to do with today's result. Aberdeen won the match because of a well taken goal and a late terrific free kick. Rangers lost due to not scoring enough and poor defending. Other aspects were fairly even. 

You have missed my point. Aberdeen had to adjust to counter opposition strength. Rangers will not learn from today. The lesson should be that having lost to a poorly performing Dons team, on normal form they would have been torn apart, as Hearts were at Tynecastle last season. They learned from that and got the better of us later in the season. Warburton will not adjust and will be out of a job at Christmas.

From what I've seen of Rangers this season Waghorn looks out of his depth stepping up a level, Miller is still not bad but his age is catching up with him and Garner offers little other than being a red card waiting to happen.  Mackay was the only one that looked like he might do something but i suspect once all the teams have played against him once they will figure out how to contain him better.

Combined with their piss poor defensive line I suspect this kind of result or lots of 1-1 draws will be almost the norm for much of the season.   If this lit finish above Hearts, Aberdeen or St Johnston I will be pretty surprised.

Miller should start every game for "them"

His fitness, enthusiasm and attitude is admirable, with the ability to score, regardless of his age.

Garner is a whining, moaning, diving little mug.

Warburton is very similar to Deila in that he keeps persisting with an obviously failing system. It'll probably cost him his job. He was able to do it in the tier below but he's getting found out against better sides. You can say Rangers dominated today but did Lewis even have a save to make?

It's hilarious how highly their support regarded him just for winning the second tier, incredibly small-time. I suppose his predecessors weren't tough acts to follow though.

1 hour ago, Myview said:

I appreciate it's very early in the season and things can change quickly especially in the January transfer window. However, apart from Celtic who at this moment on performances are way ahead of any other team, from the matches I have seen live and on tv I don't think that there is anything much between any of the other teams.  As the scores and league points show. 

f**k off TEDI

2 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Miller should start every game for "them"

His fitness, enthusiasm and attitude is admirable, with the ability to score, regardless of his age.

Garner is a whining, moaning, diving little mug.

He twice feigned injury to suggest he had been stamped on. Once with O'Connor then Reynolds. Horrible, even sinister odious shitebag. 

Just now, Kneetrembler said:

He twice feigned injury to suggest he had been stamped on. Once with O'Connor then Reynolds. Horrible, even sinister odious shitebag. 

He tried a similar thing with Svietchenko against us.  Don't think it will be long before he gets a rep for it and in this country + you get the same refs much more regularly than down south due to the size of the league so they will be watching out for it.  

Right I'll attempt some rationality despite the mega lols at the fannys hat rage post match.

We were poor today, I have some real concerns about the level of performance we've shown thus far but extremely grateful for the results over the past 7 days. Absolutely massive for us.

Rangers are shite. I do not buy this dominated thing for one second and happy to be challenged on this but to my mind we let them have possession. Keep it, play in front of us, they do absolutely f**k all with it. Obviously the pen is disappointing but never did I really feel uncomfortable when Rangers were on the ball. They're shit. They really are.

Maddison is a beautiful human and I would advise any Dons fan to just appreciate him over the next couple of months as he'll be in the Norwich team before long.

Did I mention Rangers were shite? [emoji1]

Warburton is very similar to Deila in that he keeps persisting with an obviously failing system. It'll probably cost him his job. He was able to do it in the tier below but he's getting found out against better sides. You can say Rangers dominated today but did Lewis even have a save to make?

It's hilarious how highly their support regarded him just for winning the second tier, incredibly small-time. I suppose his predecessors weren't tough acts to follow though.

^^^ Absolutely this.

The only real chance from open play I can recall was the one Waghorn skied over the bar. Other than that Aberdeen were by and large comfortable.

It's amusing to hear Warburton bang on about possession etc. He must be the only person in Scottish football who hasn't twigged that teams are perfectly happy to just let his side have the ball.

I don't know whether he really is that naive or whether he's just bought into the whole entitlement mentality that has always existed at Ibrox.

The Deila comparison is interesting too as given that journalists were fawning over #warbs last season, manager of the year no less there seem to be more and more journalists and commentators feeling comfortable in calling him out. His whole lashing out at the "poisonous" press in the wake of a 5-1 reaming to their city rivals points to that.

If Hearts beat them and Celtic turn them over again then I reckon he's gone by December.

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

^^^ Absolutely this.

The only real chance from open play I can recall was the one Waghorn skied over the bar. Other than that Aberdeen were by and large comfortable.

It's amusing to hear Warburton bang on about possession etc. He must be the only person in Scottish football who hasn't twigged that teams are perfectly happy to just let his side have the ball.

I don't know whether he really is that naive or whether he's just bought into the whole entitlement mentality that has always existed at Ibrox.

The Deila comparison is interesting too as given that journalists were fawning over #warbs last season, manager of the year no less there seem to be more and more journalists and commentators feeling comfortable in calling him out. His whole lashing out at the "poisonous" press in the wake of a 5-1 reaming to their city rivals points to that.

If Hearts beat them and Celtic turn them over again then I reckon he's gone by December.

for me there is no comparison between deila and warburton,Ronny deila won 3 trophies with his system plus brenden rodgers is using the same one,warburton isn't even on the same level he has won nothing as a manager and has underestimated the top league in Scotland with his signings this year,

for me there is no comparison between deila and warburton,Ronny deila won 3 trophies with his system plus brenden rodgers is using the same one,warburton isn't even on the same level he has won nothing as a manager and has underestimated the top league in Scotland with his signings this year,

If you can't see that Deila was positioned as a lame duck manager last season then you really weren't paying attention.

Right now that's the way things are going for Warburton.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

If you can't see that Deila was positioned as a lame duck manager last season then you really weren't paying attention.

Right now that's the way things are going for Warburton.

lets take a wee look at that,celtic are in a position of strength,winning the league was NOT good enough for Ronny deila? the team that ronny deila built brenden rodgers took to another level,being at the top and staying at the top are to different things maybe you are the one missing something

That goal was sumptuous. The Eoin Jess comparison is growing legs.
The match itself was much of a muchness. Rangers had more of the ball and we were pretty poor at getting it back off them. Our actual defence was pretty solid. Reynolds and O'Connor had a good game together and Lewis had very little to do. We should have done more going forward, McGinn, Hayes and Rooney didn't offer a huge deal. Shinnie great again. It was definitely a pen. It was probably not a free kick. Suck it up chumps, yous has plenty attempts, just don't have a lad like Maddison to rattle it in the top bin.

Archived