Honour Killings

Scary Bear

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/pakistan-honour-killing-mother-hanged-death-a7310671.html

Is is standard particular for the police in Pakistan to charge dead people?

The story notes that the guy who was allegedly having an affair with someone's wife was also hanged. Charging him with having an affair when he's got a cover over him seems a bit daft.

These honour killing stories are pretty disturbing. What sort of monster would you have to be to kill your own daughter or sister?

My islamophobia is coming along nicely. Another few years of these awful stories and I'll be a UKIP member.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

My islamophobia is coming along nicely. Another few years of these awful stories and I'll be a UKIP member.

Until 1991 in Brazil "legitimate defense of their honor" (legitima defesa da honra) was a legal defense a husband could use if his wife had committed adultery. Killings like this are recorded all across the worlds cultures. Its little to do with Islam specifically. 

It doesn't- he says he was murdered by her family for having the affair. Her family were charged.

It's says they also charged the man who had an affair. He is dead. Can't see him making the court case, unless he goes full zombie.

Oh. I seem to be missing a comma to make this fantasy come true. Shame.

if there had been a tradition of honour killings in Scotland whereby family members were killed for bringing shame on the clan I think the Broons would be down to Maw, the Bairn and possible Horace by now.

Was Daphne putting it about?

Archived