Gretna 2008 crowds

edinabear

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Gretna AGM on 6th December . 

Big Scotty for committee member!!

I can't see me being put forward for it to be honest, the current board don't like their feathers being ruffled haha.

Unfortunately won't be able to attend the meeting, i have other commitments on a Tuesday night!

3 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

I can't see me being put forward for it to be honest, the current board don't like their feathers being ruffled haha.

Unfortunately won't be able to attend the meeting, i have other commitments on a Tuesday night!

Get your dad back and most of theach old committee . 

We all know things haven't been the same since they left.

We need a shit stirrer like you Scotty.

Well not so much stirring but not afraid to open your mouth and telling it as it needs to be told.

2 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Well not so much stirring but not afraid to open your mouth and telling it as it needs to be told.

We've got a shit stirrer at Whitehill if you fancy putting in an offer for his services 

7 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

I highly doubt we'll see any of that committee back at Gretna, The current Ceo runs the show........Fact!

20 hours ago, The Mantis said:

We've got a shit stirrer at Whitehill if you fancy putting in an offer for his services 

No thanks you can keep him enough shit stirrers already there I hear.. "green cheese" comes to mind.

• 5 months later...

was reading about Gretna and googled their attendance, found this thread. Was just wondering, is Gretna 2008 now a supporter owned club? if so, how does a club like Gretna survive? game day revenue can't go far? do supporters pay some annual fees to keep it running? i guess i also wonder what are budgets for clubs at that level. For example, i know that non-ranked division US clubs (outside top 3 tiers, amateur / semi-amateur) have budgets at around 100k USD. Would it be similar in this case?

• 3 months later...
On 07/05/2017 at 00:07, Nakamura said:

was reading about Gretna and googled their attendance, found this thread. Was just wondering, is Gretna 2008 now a supporter owned club? if so, how does a club like Gretna survive? game day revenue can't go far? do supporters pay some annual fees to keep it running? i guess i also wonder what are budgets for clubs at that level. For example, i know that non-ranked division US clubs (outside top 3 tiers, amateur / semi-amateur) have budgets at around 100k USD. Would it be similar in this case?

A lot of clubs in Scotland outwith the 4 national leagues just pay players expenses so player costs would be minimal. At a club like Pollok, playing budget for the year would be more along the lines of what you're talking. Then again you'll be double that in the lower leagues of SPFL.

Archived