Joey Barton....Get the popcorn, the fun & games have just begun.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The negotiations went like this:

Sevco - we'll give you 10 weeks wages

Barton - no chance!

Sevco - ...and a colouring in book

Barton - sweeten the deal

Sevco - if you go across the lines in the book nobody will say anything

Barton - done!!!

Do you write the scripts for only an excuse?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The negotiations went like this:

Sevco - we'll give you 10 weeks wages

Barton - no chance!

Sevco - ...and a colouring in book

Barton - sweeten the deal

Sevco - if you go across the lines in the book nobody will say anything

Barton - done!!!

LOL xoxoxo

Fair play to Rangers for showing Barton the door.

He was a marquee signing who, in my opinion, thought he was better than the club. Rangers treated him like a wee diddy and told him to leave. Okay, he's getting some weeks salary but it's nothing compared to buying out the contract.

He was a marquee signing who, in my opinion, thought he was better than the club. Rangers treated him like a wee diddy and told him to leave. Okay, he's getting some weeks salary but it's nothing compared to buying out the contract.

He's ended up with about 100k for every game he played.

It's pretty clear who was treating who like a Diddy.

Also, see my earlier post about treating this outcome like some fabulous victory.

Arsehole club, arsehole team, arsehole fans.

Who the f**k brings a coffee machine to work? Surely he just lifted it on the way out and the club/company's trying to make the best of it.

Probably not a bad job considering size & value. He'd never had stuffed one of those big laser printers into the car.

9 hours ago, thepundit said:

In what world do you think Barton is going to settle for 'some weeks' salary as a pay-off?  Why would he?  I'd be gobsmacked if he went for anything less than the balance of this season's pay.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

In what world do you think Barton is going to settle for 'some weeks' salary as a pay-off?  Why would he?  I'd be gobsmacked if he went for anything less than the balance of this season's pay.

You forgot to mention his signing-on fee (part of the £3m+ they spent in the summer)!  I wonder if he was entitled to a staunch loyalty bonus as well?

BrandRangers FC will have paid fairly handsomely for his silence!

All in all I for one am delighted that several hundred thousand pounds has been squandered on this galactico.   Especially since I thought he was the only signing they made with quality!

Well done BrandRangers!  I hope you have dozens more victories just like this one!

Yours

aDONis

11 hours ago, thepundit said:

He was a marquee signing 

Do you remember when Rangers used to make marquee signings like Terry Butcher, Paul Gascoigne and Ronald de Boer?

Holy f**k this was a bad signing from start to finish. 

Love to know in wages and severance what this has cost.

18 hours ago, thepundit said:

I don't know I think there are a lot of similarities between the two TBH. Both think they are billy big bollocks and are a lot better than you actually are but it turns out both parties are pretty average at best.

Archived