Dumbarton V St Mirren

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Rae needs to go. He won't though. :(

We can't really afford to pay off yet another poor appointment, but the end result with Rae remaining at the helm, will be league one football.

The implications financially in that respect, are not worth thinking about.

18 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm absolutely raging we didn't take 3 points there. Wasted so many glorious chances, and that looked like Thommo should've had a penalty when he went round the 'keeper - although he absolutely has to score that.

St Mirren had about 3 chances. The defending for Hardie's goal was laughably bad and Aldo pulled off another stunning save.

Playing for a draw against us emoji23.png

I actually think it was a great tackle on Thommo, he was a baw-hair from tapping that home and I reckon the defender got a good touch on it. I'm not sure you can blame Thommo gor not scoring there but I'd like to see it again. No doubt St Mirren were playing for a point in that second half but we were too wasteful and we couldn't deal with Sutton, who was the only player making St Mirren look dangerous. I thought today Stevie would've played his best 11 and if he thought that was it then it's back to the drawing board. 2 points dropped and results haven't gone our way. Not a nightmare but a chance missed.

Massively, massively frustrating. I thought St Mirren were dug shite, absolutely there for the taking, and we failed to capitilize.

It's not the worst result, far from it, but I can't help but feel hugely annoyed we never won it.

This.

The seethe at us dropping 2 points is strong right now.

Both teams had chances in fairness but I felt we could and should have taken more from that game.

I dunno that we definitely should have won it. St.Mirren missed a few chances themselves, including that point blank one that Hardie (I think) dragged wide. Neither side offered enough in the end for me.

As an aside, we'll continue to concede whilst the full backs (Pettigrew in particular) allow crosses to be slung into the box.

4 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

I dunno that we definitely should have won it. St.Mirren missed a few chances themselves, including that point blank one that Hardie (I think) dragged wide. Neither side offered enough in the end for me.

As an aside, we'll continue to concede whilst the full backs (Pettigrew in particular) allow crosses to be slung into the box.

I think what you mean is letting Walsh in particular sling balls into the box. First half he was on the right vs our left hand side and second half he was against Pettigrew. Don't think the wingers were doing enough to help the full backs to be honest.

Just now, fraser_smfc said:

I wasn't at the game but what an absolutely grim result. I'm not even hearing many reports of us dominating and creating lots of chances. There just doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel whatsoever.

If there are any reports suggesting St Mirren dominated or created lots of chances then I'd question the sanity of the writer. Consolidate is right in saying we hardly had a barrel load to score from, but on the second half I think we shaded it. Just didn't do enough to win in the end.

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I think what you mean is letting Walsh in particular sling balls into the box. First half he was on the right vs our left hand side and second half he was against Pettigrew. Don't think the wingers were doing enough to help the full backs to be honest.

Aye, the winger situation is replacing the goalkeeping one.  Smith, Todd and Stirling are too lightweight ever to play in the same team and that was pretty evident today.  Stanton offers us a different option and I'm hoping he starts at Kirkcaldy.

Pettigrew has come in for some stick, but both he and Harvie have been decent recently - the problem lies in providing them with cover and support.

I actually enjoyed the game today. Neither team were great, but they both went for it. Dumbarton were the better side and had a lot of pressure, but either team could have won it at the end. Hardie missed two good chances and the Dumbarton keeper had a great save from Gallacher. We had a last ditch challenge on Thomson, and about a dozen corners to defend.

The referee was pathetic, almost every foul he was wanting to have a word with the player, then the only genuinely bad challenge in the game and he doesnt even give a free kick.

10 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I actually enjoyed the game today. Neither team were great, but they both went for it. Dumbarton were the better side and had a lot of pressure, but either team could have won it at the end. Hardie missed two good chances and the Dumbarton keeper had a great save from Gallacher. We had a last ditch challenge on Thomson, and about a dozen corners to defend.

The referee was pathetic, almost every foul he was wanting to have a word with the player, then the only genuinely bad challenge in the game and he doesnt even give a free kick.

Didn't think there were any 'bad' challenges to be honest. Would like to see our 2nd penalty claim when Garry was challenged in your box but it wasn't even a 'bad' tackle.

Can't remember which player it was, but one of your boys went right through Jason Naismith. It was a clear yellow card, you could hear it from the other side of the park.

How many penalty claims did you have? I remember a couple of hopeful shouts for pushing from corners. I don't recall any serious penalty claims.

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Can't remember which player it was, but one of your boys went right through Jason Naismith. It was a clear yellow card, you could hear it from the other side of the park.

How many penalty claims did you have? I remember a couple of hopeful shouts for pushing from corners. I don't recall any serious penalty claims.

Maybe talking about the challenge from our left back Harvie. Didn't think there was really anything in it. The players made nothing of it when the ref didn't give a foul. Think it probably looked worse from the stand than it really was. One of the players studs ended up getting stuck in the grass and took a chunk out the ground. Don't think there was anything in it though.

Think a few of our fans thought there was a good shout when Thommo got past the 'keeper. I thought that was a decent enough tackle. There was one a few minutes later when Garry Fleming was chasing into the box and your centre half just blocked his run with his hands out, making little/no effort to go for the ball.

Will need to see both again though.

The challenge on Naismith was a good old 50/50. No foul despite as per rest of game Mallon having a moan at the ref. 

Overall thought we deserved it although we need to work on our finishing . Bit disappointed with Todd and smith without saying either were rubbish. 

For saints Sutton was good but doesn't last the 90.

anyone I spoke to about hardie pre match . still think jury is out on him 

Archived