Dumbarton V St Mirren

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been thinking about this long and hard today, big opportunity for Stevie to pick what he sees as his strongest XI. For me? I'd go for something like this tomorrow

Alan Martin

Craig Pettigrew Darren Barr Gregor Buchanan Daniel Harvie

Sam Stanton Joe Thomson Mark Docherty Andy Stirling

Josh Todd Garry Fleming

Thomson's played near enough every minute of every game this season and hasn't been anywhere near as effective in the last 3 games as he was previously. Whether or not he's tired, carrying a knock or we're playing to predictable football I don't know but I wouldn't be averse to sticking him on the bench. Gaz loves a goal against St Mirren and should hopefully have a point to prove - assuming he's fit, I'd start him.

Todd hasn't played upfront for us at all, but scored plenty last season, is quick, strong, decent on the ball and runs all day. He'll be a different sort of challenge for Webster and McKenzie (assuming they start), and I reckon they'd deal with long balls to an isolated Thommo no bother. Upfront we've had very little in recent weeks, so lets change it.

Gallagher had a couple of decent games, but unsurprisingly tailed off again. Alloa fans raved about Sparky in central midfield so I wouldn't be averse to giving him a shot in there alongside Joe Thomson who I think is crucial to us.

Hand Stanton a start on the right and Andy Stirling one on the left - he'll have a point to prove against his old team - with David Smith on the bench. I like Smith, but he can't cross with his left foot and playing him on the left wing has been completely pointless recently.

Stevo is missing you might notice. I rate him, he's got a sensational amount of quality on the ball and has been far better than I feared when we brought him in. I don't know where I'd put him in this team however and there's no point trying to force him in somewhere.

I suspect Stevie will start with this however:

Alan Martin

Craig Pettigrew Darren Barr Gregor Buchanan Daniel Harvie

Josh Todd Grant Gallagher Joe Thomson Sam Stanton

Ryan Stevenson 

Robert Thomson

I'm not convinced that will work against a team we need to attack.

Students to qualify with matrix card .

sorrynot quite getting the josh Todd excitement. He's been ok but no better and certainly disappointing at Stranraer. Still think thommo more to offer up top. 

With everyone fit team selection may be interesting. As usual don't expect many changes or surprises from stevie 

8 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

As per the past few weeks this is a must win for the calamity show that is St Mirren.  Hopefully Webster dropped and McKenzie and Gordon start i have my doubts though.  Do we really want Scott Gallacher ahead of Langfield both them seem to be as pish as each other.  

Anyway against my gut instinct i think we'll get off the mark this weekend 

For Alloa?

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

He will start for them that's for sure. I stupidly thought as we signed him and he finally got game time we'd actually play him. Not loan him out lol

It really is a weird one that he finally got game time for you last week and suddenly he is away. It would seem he perhaps wasn't too happy but still unusual. Do you have many other CBs? 

It really is a weird one that he finally got game time for you last week and suddenly he is away. It would seem he perhaps wasn't too happy but still unusual. Do you have many other CBs? 

If we have they've been locked away in a dark room somewhere. We've just got Mckenzie back so we'll see but two games he's played and conceded 6 lol

11 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

You have have Webster if you want.

3 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Pretty happy with what we have. If you took Mark Brown off our hands maybe we'd consider returning the favour :lol:

We've already taken Hutton from QOS.

We've done enough favours for other teams thanks. :P

Decided to stay at home today. The thought of negotiating those roadworks on the bridge to see a hopeless side who don't look that bothered didn't appeal to me.

Will be surprised if we don't lose, particularly after seeing the team. Hopefully it will be Mr Rae's last game in charge.

1-0

St Mirren have been the least threatening team I've seen at this level and we've somehow conceded. They've had more of the ball but done nothing aside from the goal with it. We've not been much better (if better at all) but having taken the lead I expected us to see that out. Given them a way back in and we now need to find another goal. There for the taking for both sides.

FT 1-1 then.

Better result than I was expecting to be honest, but obviously nowhere near good enough. Still bottom of the league. Still time for Rae to go.

Hopefully that was his last game.

FT 1-1 then.

Better result than I was expecting to be honest, but obviously nowhere near good enough. Still bottom of the league. Still time for Rae to go.

Hopefully that was his last game.

With Ayr and Morton both winning it heaps more pressure on him.

A point probably saves him for another week but it's only a matter of time imo.

I'm absolutely raging we didn't take 3 points there. Wasted so many glorious chances, and that looked like Thommo should've had a penalty when he went round the 'keeper - although he absolutely has to score that.

St Mirren had about 3 chances. The defending for Hardie's goal was laughably bad and Aldo pulled off another stunning save.

Playing for a draw against us [emoji23]

Archived