Sukar

Hamilton

Linn

Gold

Scott

Callaghan

Skelly

Doris

Would be nice if we could get a good run started here. Few changes at the back for me, with Gomes coming in for Mutch and Little moving to RB. Thompson hasn't played much since pre-season but I really think we need Little at CB. Presume Whatley is injured after limping off on Saturday, Gold has done more to merit a starting place this season anyway. Also be nice if Doris could break his duck.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with that lineup other than I'd have Philips in for Sukar with Hammy in the centre. Doris has looked at his most dangerous when we've had Linn/Callaghan whipping in balls, when Kadar is playing poorly there's no service from him and Linn always ends up cutting in from the left and always seems to shoot even when Doris is in a decent position.

Think the back 4 needs addressing. I'd go along with you 78

Whatley/Thomson Little Suker Hammy

Got to play Ricky at CH

Mark only playing every game as he's skipper, is Bob still vice captain?

Middle of the park should just be a fight between Scott, Gold & McCord for the 2 CM positions with Scott & Gold 1st choice at present.

I'm also thinking there must be an agreement with Aberdeen for Mutch to be getting regular football. Gomes probably won't get a game til Scottish cup.

Six goals conceded in the last two games is simply not good enough , does Dick Campbell really believe we can win this league with an 18 year old keeper and another two youth development players at centre half ? we need experience at the back, why on earth has Ricky Little been moved to RB he is our best centre half and him and Hamilton have been our best pairing this season ,Gary Phillips has done very little wrong when he's played , in fact was playing very well before he was dropped and if Thompson is not good enough to play at RB then why is he at the club ? we need a settled defense, starting in this next game,or we will be lucky to make the play offs never mind challenge for the title.

I think DC gambled by playing the youngsters in defence on Saturday and it didn't pay off. This week maybe he'll go for experience. Philips, Hammy Little and Whatley at the back for me. Callaghan in for Kader and Gold to start. Same forwards as they are starting to click especially with some of the cute passes from Scott. It should be a solid win this week.

While I can understand the criticism of Robbie Mutch, I don't necessarily agree. I think he is a good enough keeper at this level, although he does have flaws with his game, the fact is if a keeper didn't have some flaws there's no way they would be playing League 2 football. In terms of the goals we're conceding, I would be looking at the back 4 as opposed to Mutch for now.

Dick's substitutions and positioning of players against Clyde absolutely baffled me to be honest. We've taken one of the best centre halfs in the division and punted him out to right back. If Whatley is fit for Saturday, we absolutely must go with him at right back and put Ricky back into the centre. Not only does playing Ricky at right back weaken our defence, it leaves us with less overlap on that side of the park in an attacking sense. Playing the last 10 minutes at Clyde with such a defensive back line of what was essentially 4 centre backs while Gary Phillips was on the bench was madness for me. We decided to play Suker on the overlap instead of Hammy, a player who has the pace to beat a man and also experience of playing in that position, with the options we have that just seems ridiculous. I appreciate given the players available that we had to go with Ricky at right back going into the last 10 minutes, but there is no excuse for what we did on the left hand side. It hindered us badly.

Dick seems to have a mild obsession with substituting at least one, quite often both of the strikers, which I also felt was a poor choice. We were struggling to create chances, changing the front line isn't going to get more crosses into the box, and it isn't going to make the passing from the midfield any better. What would have created more and made us more threatening was utilising Ryan McCord, a proven creative player at this level and the level above and what I mentioned above regarding width/ balls into the box.

Games like Saturday frustrate me immensely. I really do believe we have the best squad in the division, but we're not utilising them properly at all in my opinion. Dick has got a squad together that Todd could only dream of in my opinion, but he has made many bizarre decisions so far, it's not that I disagree with them but see the logic behind it, with some of them I see absolutely no logic at all.

For Saturday, I would make several changes. I would go with Whatley at right back if fit (if not, I would understand Ricky continuing there) and Ricky/ Hammy in the centre of defence if possible with Gary Phillips on the left. I think we need to go with McCord/ Jimmy Scott in the centre of the park, and Bobby and Callaghan or Gold out wide. Kader is such a hot and cold player, he's had some absolute stinkers this year but had a couple of superb performances also. After the Clyde game though, he needs to drop out for this one as Callaghan and Gold deserve a start more than he does right now.

Don't see why signed players should be played out of position to accommodate loan players when the loan players are development or no better than the signed players. Ricky Little should be in the centre of the defence not bumped to right back. 

The manager seems reluctant to drop Kader, who IMO has been far too inconsistent. I would much rather see Callaghan on the left and Bobby on the right with McCord and Scott in midfield.

We need to get a result against Annan to keep up near the top of the league. Roll on Saturday and a couple of goals from Steven Doris!

I think Ricky has done ok at Right back but it certainly weakens the middle of our defence. He's obviously thought Thomson and Wilson would fight for the right back position but it looks like he doesn't fancy Thomson at all and WIlson has departed. Only other option is Whatley and I think he has to go with him on Saturday and bring McCord back in with Jimmy in the middle of the park.

Omar has been a bit up and down, brilliant against Stirling but quiet against Clyde but I would tempted to go with him again, I don't think we should be making wholesale changes every single game.

Mutch

Whatley Little Sukur Hamilton

Kader McCord Scott Linn

Skelly Doris

1 hour ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

The defence is the problem now, not where Linn plays to be honest... when will be have a strong defence?

For me a back four of Whatley, Little, Hamilton and Phillips is the way to go... 

this is without doubt our best back four but I feel Dick thinks  he has to play at least one of the loan boys which so far is not working out too well for us

Archived