Falkirk vs Dundee United

I like Murray, but playing him upfront by himself all season is going to be hard going for United fans. Definitely needs a partner

Some really poor goals to lose there and Falkirk unlucky not to get a 4th which would be near enough identical to the other 3, cross put home from the centre of the goal, too easy

Cammy Smith too good to be on the bench too

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:
1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Hippolytes last 10 minutes won him man of the match, his chasing and harrying back to the by line to disposess the Utd player and clear it was great and obviously his contribution to the 2nd and 3rd goals. He's a bit frustrating at giving away silly fouls when he could be more patient but his form will be key to Falkirk's season. I reckoned Kerr was man of the match he's not done much wrong since he came back.

Mark Kerr just gets better with age ...keeps it simple but can produce a ball ie against raith..like every good player always looks like he has plenty time cause his positioning makes it...was our poty last season & can see it again this year just ..knows how to play that position superbly

Just watched it again ...absolute stonewaller ...goalie clears out mchugh for no good reason...he would have to do wonders with a ball back into the box...definite pen but luckily for us it mattered not a f**k...that big black guy for Utd at the back is fucking hopeless btw keep playing him you will keep losing

Wow. Just wow. It's utterly astonishing that we cannot seem to play more than 35 - 40 mins. Telfer looked like he needed oxygen at the end of the first half.

Why cant we get a defensive pairing that can defend?

Flood went off and we just crumbled.

Genuinely no disrespect to Falkirk, they played us off the park at times yesterday and as usual, Houston's teams are fitter than a butchers dog, but we need to be winning games like that if we want to get into the playoffs. Falkirk made us look like Championship fIller at times.

We need to really improve across the whole squad big time so we can either use a formation that's is going to actually work, or have players that will fit this system. Or be abe to change the system to suit the injuries or weaknesses during games. You know, like tactics!?

Oh yeah,

Please please please sign a striker.

No more Simon Murray, please. He tries, but so would I...

7 hours ago, distresseduke said:

Just watched it again ...absolute stonewaller ...goalie clears out mchugh for no good reason...he would have to do wonders with a ball back into the box...definite pen but luckily for us it mattered not a f**k...that big black guy for Utd at the back is fucking hopeless btw keep playing him you will keep losing

Oh, it was definitely a penalty. I have no idea why it wasn't given, unless the referee shat it given we conceded three last week.

I am starting to think we should just concede a penalty every time a cross comes over. We look more secure on penalties than we do on cross balls.

10 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Can we drop this Hippo goal thing?  It was a clear og.

10 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Was on target when he got a touch so his goal.

Was going nowhere near, until it ricocheted off the CH, (though I use the term CH in the most vague sense).

is strange how so many people can watch the same game and come away seeing things so differently!! a lot of guys praising sibbald yesterday but I thought it was an obvious substitution as he was struggling and united were dominating midfield. the subs totally changed the game as we hammered united for the last 20 minutes or so. hippolyte can look like a world beater and someone who's never seen a football before (sometimes at the same time!) definite talent there and he'll only improve as he gets more experience. thought kidd 2nd half was the best he's done for us but I'm still uncertain he's good enough for us but early days yet. kerr and miller are both great players for us. as for united, they looked good going forward without creating to many chances and are simply shocking when pushed back with virtually and ball into the box causing mayhem!

overall a great result for us. every point could be vital as this league is tight and as ayr showed today anyone can beat anyone. hope we keep it going COYB 

For me, the most pleasing aspect of that performance was the way we pressed Utd high up the park in the 2nd half. I thought we were pretty pedestrian in the 1st, but got a lot of joy by putting them under pressure and playing at a high tempo after the break. When we play like that, we can beat anyone in this league.

3 minutes ago, Waffelz said:

May as well relegate us if Murray is playing upfront and Flood is out injured.

Aw our defenders are chronic other than Jamie Robson. f**k Lewis Toshney and that Dutch geezer

Toshney is not a right back. God only knows why McKinnon is playing him there.

Skipped through the game to the main incidents. How on earth have we not got a penalty for the trip on McHugh? The ref and linesman were pretty shite throughout yesterday but that is an awful decision. Thankfully it didn't cost us in the end.

Only disappointment is the slackness of the goal we lost. Defence sleeping and totally avoidable. 

Houston got his subs spot on yesterday. 1-11 starting to pick its self again. Anyone know how close Peter Grant is to returning? Though McCracken has had a good start to the season tbf

1,309 United fans down yesterday btw, terrific effort. More than twice what they ever brought in the SPL. Good showing from our own support as well

Archived