Falkirk vs Dundee United

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game. Only thing I would change would be Craigen in for Hippolyte. There is no real replacement for Kidd as Muirhead looks out of it.

I'd be keeping the same team I think it would be really harsh to drop Hippolyte after 1 poor game and even then Craigen didn't really impress after he came on.

Big game in this year's battle for second. Hippos surely got to start on the left as we're at home. I presume Dixon is suspended which is a bit of a blow though. Hopefully Bairds run will continue. Should be a very tight game won by the odd goal.

Battle for second??! Have you seen the league table recently? [emoji15]

39 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Battle for second??! Have you seen the league table recently? emoji15.png

Yep, its game over in September.......

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Got a feeling this will be the team.

Rogers

Kidd Luca McCracken Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Rankine Sibbs

McHugh Baird

The Rankin factor to give two fingers up will be a playing thot in the mind of Houstie I suppose but Id rather see the same 11 again, its more adaptable as proven yesterday

No doubt Houstie will have had DUFC scouted and that will bring in a factor to how we line up and tactics employed, tho id be inclined to just play our game

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Fair to assume Utd will sellout our 2000 away end then.

Let's hope those Falkirk fans who have appeared the last 2 Mays can make a September exception.

Will they?

Their travelling support in our SPL seasons was, ahem 'selective'. Always miles less than Hibs/Hearts/Killie/Aberdeen, more on a par with the bottom feeders in the division.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Will they?

Their travelling support in our SPL seasons was, ahem 'selective'. Always miles less than Hibs/Hearts/Killie/Aberdeen, more on a par with the bottom feeders in the division.

I had a look at recent Utd crowds and believe they're capable of bringing 2000.

The TV may be the issue though.

The fact they're winning a few games and scoring profusely will be more of an issue I think.

I suppose they were absolutely horse for the majority of our 5 years up, and we regularly scudded them.

Amazing what a chance to beat a big team will do to a travelling support... ^_^

Looking forward to this one, I might go, depends on how much work I've got. If I do, it'll be my first trip to Westfield, looks a smashing ground btw.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Yep, its game over in September.......

The Rankin factor to give two fingers up will be a playing thot in the mind of Houstie I suppose but Id rather see the same 11 again, its more adaptable as proven yesterday

He's our player

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Will they?

United's away support has been growing year-on-year, 2000 no bother if it was a 3pm kick-off but with the match live on Alba I'll say there'll be around 1600-1700 United fans.

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The fact they're winning a few games and scoring profusely will be more of an issue I think.

I suppose they were absolutely horse for the majority of our 5 years up, and we regularly scudded them.

Amazing what a chance to beat a big team will do to a travelling support... ^_^

It was actually pretty close.  United won 8, Falkirk 7 and there were 2 draws.

Will they?

we had 2000 at Dunfermline on Saturday, probably more than you take and they're your "rivals".

Archived