17th sept, Ross County come to ibrox

10 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Really? You said in the post i quoted that the manager and players had been found out. I was merely pointing that Rangers played well and  on another given day would have won the game convincingly but they didn't. 

As for the 'Thick C***' :thumsup2 I have never claimed to be anything else :P

10 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Who is raging?

No they didn't. They got a point due to poor finishing , good , solid defending , a few good saves and a huge slice of luck. I saw the game and Rangers actually played well but all you have seen is a scoreline.

"On another given day" and "a huge slice of luck" are ridiculous clichés that literally mean nothing.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

This Rangers side aren't unlucky. If they were, we'd be seeing proper humpings. Except we've only seen one. And they were the ones on the end of it. They're not very good. It's funny seeing how hard it is for this to sink in. They'll likely drop more points than they gain in their next three games too.

Maybe then, they'll get the point.

Anything other than 1st is unacceptable.

As I've said before I'm not convinced yet about Warburton when it comes to formation/tactics at the top level however I give him a lot of credit for the team selection and returning back to more the system and match tempo of last season but with less of a cavalier approach. Ok the result didn't happen and I appreciate with respect County aren't Celtic, however an improvement in performance. Whatever future results are against Celtic this season it is all the other clubs that Rangers must find a formation/system to take points from to possibly secure 2nd place.  

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Anything other than 1st is unacceptable.

10 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Agreed. You win the league or you don't. It's as simple as that.

Sorry I 100% disagree. 4th is a must. If we assume Aberdeen and Hearts, splitting them is very acceptable. 2nd would be a massive achievement imo. 

5 minutes ago, Myview said:

Sorry I 100% disagree. 4th is a must. If we assume Aberdeen and Hearts, splitting them is very acceptable. 2nd would be a massive achievement imo. 

So you think finishing adrift of one of those teams would be acceptable? After spending multiple times their salary budget?...

Just now, thepundit said:

So you think finishing adrift of one of those teams would be acceptable? After spending multiple times their salary budget?...

Yes. We don't know what Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts transfer/salary budgets were/are. Hearts did fantastically well last season coming up from the Championship and they appear to be building on that this season. Aberdeen also are building on last and previous seasons. They are very good teams. As I've said before Warburton has spent less than £3m in transfer fees on approx 20 players in three windows. You have to remember what McCoist left him with. And yes I agree the salary budget will be very much higher. The team spending the most on transfers/salaries don't always finish higher than others spending less. The EPL is a clear example. Imo a top four finish this season I'll accept. Next season I would expect 2nd and to get much closer to Celtic even though their budget you would expect to be considerably greater with CL money plus easier to attract a better quality player due to the CL. Let's give the new players time to settle and get used to the Scottish league and to be fair Warburton as well. 

1 minute ago, Myview said:

Yes. We don't know what Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts transfer/salary budgets were/are. Hearts did fantastically well last season coming up from the Championship and they appear to be building on that this season. Aberdeen also are building on last and previous seasons. They are very good teams. As I've said before Warburton has spent less than £3m in transfer fees on approx 20 players in three windows. You have to remember what McCoist left him with. And yes I agree the salary budget will be very much higher. The team spending the most on transfers/salaries don't always finish higher than others spending less. The EPL is a clear example. Imo a top four finish this season I'll accept. Next season I would expect 2nd and to get much closer to Celtic even though their budget you would expect to be considerably greater with CL money plus easier to attract a better quality player due to the CL. Let's give the new players time to settle and get used to the Scottish league and to be fair Warburton as well. 

We know that Rangers' budget is 4 or 5 times that of Hearts or Aberdeen so why would finishing behind them be a success?...... 

Just now, thepundit said:

We know that Rangers' budget is 4 or 5 times that of Hearts or Aberdeen so why would finishing behind them be a success?...... 

Depends on which team the poster who read yer post is. Anyone bar a sevconian would see your clubs failure as a success for Scottish football. :)

21 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I never said it would be a success. I said I would accept 4th in this, the first season back in the premier. What is being spent on transfers/salaries is only one in many factors towards successfully winning matches and trophies. I've given my reasons in my previous post, why I would accept 4th this season. If it was solely down to money/budgets you could do your homework and get your fixed odds up every week. That's why we don't! :lol: 

A club every week tries to do everything right to win football matches regardless of where their club's position is in wealth in their league. Managers work all week in preparing their side for the next match. What the other team has spent or is spending is irrelevant as they can't influence that. You just have to believe me fans talk about budgets far far more than managers. 

4 hours ago, Myview said:

I never said it would be a success. I said I would accept 4th in this, the first season back in the premier. What is being spent on transfers/salaries is only one in many factors towards successfully winning matches and trophies. I've given my reasons in my previous post, why I would accept 4th this season. If it was solely down to money/budgets you could do your homework and get your fixed odds up every week. That's why we don't! :lol: 

A club every week tries to do everything right to win football matches regardless of where their club's position is in wealth in their league. Managers work all week in preparing their side for the next match. What the other team has spent or is spending is irrelevant as they can't influence that. You just have to believe me fans talk about budgets far far more than managers. 

I'll reluctantly accept 2nd this season. But I don't get why the amount of seasons Rangers have been in a league could be used as an excuse for finishing behind clubs with drastically smaller budgets.

6 hours ago, Myview said:

What other teams spend is irrelevant?

Are you actually reading the stuff you write?

Is thepundit still struggling with the Ross County at Ibrox thing?

I take it he doesn't realise that County only reached the top flight, as Newco started off in their rightful place?

I know the sides met back in the day in the odd Cup tie, but any such games presumably took place in Dingwall.

That is the story here, isn't it, as opposed to some New Club based points scoring?

Is thepundit still struggling with the Ross County at Ibrox thing?

I take it he doesn't realise that County only reached the top flight, as Newco started off in their rightful place?

I know the sides met back in the day in the odd Cup tie, but any such games presumably took place in Dingwall.

That is the story here, isn't it, as opposed to some New Club based points scoring?

I don't know the history of this fixture but it did strike me that the issue of whether or not county had ever played at Ibrox shouldn't really be a matter for debate. Either they have or they haven't.

Archived