17th sept, Ross County come to ibrox

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I think the point is unless you're going to criticise your own team for employing the same tactic then you're going to get called out for being a tad hypocritical.

Walter Smith took a team that had Kirk Broadfoot in it to a major European Final. Nobody could ever criticise that. You set up your team  in the best way to get the result. You do know that Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 away from home that season and also beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0 away from home? 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StandFree03 said:

Utterly raging :lol:

Its brilliant seeing the gloryhunting rangers fans having meltdowns because they're not winning every week. Ross county got a point because your managers been found out and so have your players. 

Who is raging?

No they didn't. They got a point due to poor finishing , good , solid defending , a few good saves and a huge slice of luck. I saw the game and Rangers actually played well but all you have seen is a scoreline.

20 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

The scoreline Is all that matters you thick c**t :lol:

Really? You said in the post i quoted that the manager and players had been found out. I was merely pointing that Rangers played well and  on another given day would have won the game convincingly but they didn't. 

As for the 'Thick C***' :thumsup2 I have never claimed to be anything else :P

49 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

No they didn't. They got a point due to poor finishing , good , solid defending , a few good saves and a huge slice of luck. I saw the game and Rangers actually played well but all you have seen is a scoreline.

Rangers flattered to deceive.  The only time Rangers genuinely looked like scoring was when O'Halloran hit the bar with his header from that set-piece, which came from not picking up the guy who has literally just arrived on the pitch as a sub.  Fox only had to be at full stretch for one save, but Waghorn telegraphed it.

Davies and Quinn are brilliant at defending deep.  Davies always looks the headline act but Quinn was outstanding.

County badly missed Boyce to help the ball stick up front.  Curran and Schalk didn't show any kind of hold up play.  A lot is said about Curran bringing the best out of Boyce, but I also think Boyce brings out the best in Curran.  Schalk is really quick but doesn't know how to use his pace - he reacts to rather than reads the game.  That doesn't work well with a counter-attacking strategy like yesterday.

Franks didn't have the pace nor quality to punish the space behind Wallace.  He did well last week when up against arguably the weakest left flank in the division but really struggles in the final third when up against top six opposition. When County did squeeze up they looked like they could hurt Rangers, but that obviously didn't happen enough.

When Rangers didn't have the ball, it was amazing how deep their back four sat to protect Hill and Wilson - they were holding a line at 12 yards rather than 18 that you would normally expect.  They got away with it due to Halliday's endurance and I thought he had a good game in the way he snuffed out counter attacks (but isn't as good as Barton on the ball).  However, other, better teams will hurt that kind of defending.  County aren't that good at attacking just now and are wholly reliant on Boyce for quality in the final third.  Aberdeen have quality all across the front three or four, as do Hearts.  County aren't a top six team at the moment, but will improve when Boyce is back and Dow is fit.

48 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Walter Smith took a team that had Kirk Broadfoot in it to a major European Final. Nobody could ever criticise that. You set up your team  in the best way to get the result. You do know that Rangers beat Lyon 3-0 away from home that season and also beat Sporting Lisbon 2-0 away from home? 

See that bit in bold? You're agreeing with me, so pipe down. County got a point away from home and some of your fellow fans are in tears because of the way they played. Boo fucking hoo.

No in is tears, it's possible to discuss aspects of Rossco' play without being in tears.

I can't say that I'm too pleased about the time wasting and Curran's thuggery but we've got this season to adapt and adjust to these type of teams.

Comic book guy assures me that Aberdeen will play some lovely free flowing stuff, so it should be a guid game next week.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

So I can't criticise County because we 'parked the bus' a few times on the way to a UEFA cup final 8 years ago?

Aye, very good.

Am I still allowed to laugh at the chap's horrific use of the apostrophe or has diddydome found a time when a Rangers player was even worse grammatically?

You sad sack. Probably explains your rampant alcoholism too.

http://sparkonit.com/2016/04/03/grammar-nazi-scientists-bad-news/

This Rangers side aren't unlucky. If they were, we'd be seeing proper humpings. Except we've only seen one. And they were the ones on the end of it. They're not very good. It's funny seeing how hard it is for this to sink in. They'll likely drop more points than they gain in their next three games too.

Maybe then, they'll get the point.

Happy with a point, especially since Boyce missing, we really missed his link up play.

Some good defensive performances from Fox, VdW, Davies and Quinn, but disappointed with our general play, we just never got going. Our form is patchy so far this season, Dow will add something, and hopefully the injuries to Boyce and Schalk aren't too bad. 

Agree with Stuart, thought we defended really well but it is a very risky approach just inviting so much pressure from them. There was a spell in the second half were the attacking players were pressing the rangers defence really well and even Davies found himself around the edge of the rangers box making himself available. Can't help but think If we'd been more positive then we could have got a goal. Think we definitely showed them too much respect, pretty sure we won't set up like that against hearts next week and they're a better side than rangers.

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

See that bit in bold? You're agreeing with me, so pipe down. County got a point away from home and some of your fellow fans are in tears because of the way they played. Boo fucking hoo.

I don't need to pipe down as i do agree with you. I ll ask you because Shep couldn't answer earlier. Where does it look like i am raging? Where have i complained , moaned or whatever about the tactics Ross County employed? They were unbelievably lucky , at times you need that , but they got exactly what they came for.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Rangers flattered to deceive.  The only time Rangers genuinely looked like scoring was when O'Halloran hit the bar with his header from that set-piece, which came from not picking up the guy who has literally just arrived on the pitch as a sub.  Fox only had to be at full stretch for one save, but Waghorn telegraphed it.

I take it you missed Windass literally walking through your whole backline? He then rounded your Keeper who cynically tried to bring him down but what he did achieve was to put Windass off balance and he couldn't get enough on his shot.

I take it you missed Clint Hill hitting the crossbar? TBH i think you are confusing this with the MoH header that also crashed back off the bar as it was Hills that was from the corner.

I take you missed Rangers goal that was chopped off in a narrow Off Side decision.

I take it you missed the Windass (i think.that many chances it was hard to keep up) shot that looked as if it was in but went narrowly wide?

It was like shooty in at times but County defended well and got the break of the ball in the box. If the scoreline had been 5 or 6 nil it would not have flattered Rangers in anyway. They create more than enough chances but if you don't convert them then you have nobody to blame but yourself

16 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I take it you missed Windass literally walking through your whole backline? He then rounded your Keeper who cynically tried to bring him down but what he did achieve was to put Windass off balance and he couldn't get enough on his shot.

I take it you missed Clint Hill hitting the crossbar? TBH i think you are confusing this with the MoH header that also crashed back off the bar as it was Hills that was from the corner.

I take you missed Rangers goal that was chopped off in a narrow Off Side decision.

I take it you missed the Windass (i think.that many chances it was hard to keep up) shot that looked as if it was in but went narrowly wide?

It was like shooty in at times but County defended well and got the break of the ball in the box. If the scoreline had been 5 or 6 nil it would not have flattered Rangers in anyway. They create more than enough chances but if you don't convert them then you have nobody to blame but yourself

Rangers died.

8259a8cd2b6bee23ef1f545dad1e6368.jpg

19 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I take it a list of shots that don't count as on target mean a team trying to score doesn't actually flatter to deceive.

Archived