The Sack Race 2016

The Sack Race   

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sadly for Morton fans can see Rae (Alex) being punted before Duffy if only due to the usual intransigence of Rae (Dougie) and his tendency to stick with managers even after they've thoroughly embarrassed themselves and probably would welcome the sack.

Might go against the general tide of opinion but I still rate Aitken as a manager and reckon he'd do well at Morton; his Stranraer sides were generally well-organised and played decent stuff.  He also seems to me to have done alright with Dumbarton, but then I don't pay to watch them every week.  Rather have Aitken back at Stair Park than Reid anyway...

A couple of weeks ago I felt we would probably see them both still in charge for the next derby, with one of them being sacked after that unless it's a draw. Now I can't see how either of them can last another five games: Morton definitely won't have a win before that and St. Mirren aren't looking capable of it either.

Our squad clearly isn't good enough so will be a problem for whoever replaces Duffy, but even with the limited squad he's built he's still failing to get the best out of it. He has to go now before it's too late, giving the new manager time to grind out enough points to keep us in touching distance of eighth before clearing out absolute shite like Oyenuga and McDonagh in January. If Duffy's allowed to hang on to November/December, we'll be relegated by then.

Archived