which junior team do you hate the most and why?

hardest ned in glasgow

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly couldnt care less about Yoker in a spiteful way, i dont wish them any harm, but im hardly rushing to see their scores every week. Grateful for the groundshare certainly but i just dont see them as the 'big rival' that taxman seems to see us as with his avid hatred of the Bankies and their managers pantomime antics everytime we play them. I dont have any strong feelings about any junior club (except Kirky and Maryhill/Petershill who I enjoyed going to watch in our year off) I dont really like junior football but it lets me see my club.

Is just a pity your club mismanaged the way they were run a few years ago. You could have been playing in the premier league rather than eating scraps from the juniors.

I dont really like the seniors because some are run for greed. Maybe yer "delusion" is part of the reason you are where you are?

You say mismanaged, yes the Steedmans stole the ground money and we were left homeless, however in our last season there was no debt. Our fans had a bid in to buy the club that was beaten by some dodgy antics by Scumdrie. I get that your post is just you having a dig but at least get your facts right when you do.

Am sure what you are saying from reading between the lines you are saying is that Airdrie FC is actually the old Clydebank FC and the club you follow is relatively new?

You can say that if you want, I choose to say the opposite. I personally couldn't care less what someone who supports another club thinks.

You can say what you think to yourself but you come across unpassionate so it's probably why you haven't really got any view on any other team.

You should be lucky that a Juniors team like Yoker let you groundshare otherwise you probably wouldn't be even in our lowly leagues.

Yes we get the fact the Bankies were a professional team once and we get the fact they have a great history but maybe you should take comfort in the fact your team is still going....playing in the Juniors level, which the last time I check is their level.

25 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I've been quite up front about the fact I don't care for the backwards nature of junior football, show me where I've suggested anything otherwise? If junior football was able to modernise and the attitudes of the people in charge were to change it would be a much more appetising prospect for the neutral football fan or newcomer, as it is the junior game is roundly mocked and disparaged for things which would be easily rectified by having the right people in charge. All that happens when you try to make change or suggest it in Junior football is get responses like 'its the way its always been' etc. 

Agreed 100% . 

You can say what you think to yourself but you come across unpassionate so it's probably why you haven't really got any view on any other team.

You should be lucky that a Juniors team like Yoker let you groundshare otherwise you probably wouldn't be even in our lowly leagues.

Yes we get the fact the Bankies were a professional team once and we get the fact they have a great history but maybe you should take comfort in the fact your team is still going....playing in the Juniors level, which the last time I check is their level.

Give it a rest Bing. Your team have dominated juniors in the West for years. If you're happy to stick then good luck to you, absolutely fair enough. But if a fan from another team has other aspirations then he's perfectly entitled to them.

I've been quite up front about the fact I don't care for the backwards nature of junior football, show me where I've suggested anything otherwise? If junior football was able to modernise and the attitudes of the people in charge were to change it would be a much more appetising prospect for the neutral football fan or newcomer, as it is the junior game is roundly mocked and disparaged for things which would be easily rectified by having the right people in charge. All that happens when you try to make change or suggest it in Junior football is get responses like 'its the way its always been' etc. 

I'll agree to disagree with you KB. You'll still be disliking the Juniors for a long time to come.

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 16:34, kilbowie2002 said:

You raise an interesting point. Clydebank are a club that have people involved in running it that have been on the "other side" ie senior league football. I also agree that in many ways Junior football is backward, and the guys running the club will be aware of that,

With that in mind, why have the likes of Clydebank not proposed the removal of the archaic re-instatement ruling to use it as an example, have they also fallen for the "always been" attitude? how vocal were they when the SJFA were discussing Pyramid plans a few years back? Not having a dig, just interested to now how active those running Clydebank are at encouraging change from within.

Archived