which junior team do you hate the most and why?

hardest ned in glasgow

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dont start please. Basically the management team went to the peasies took most of the players and others very close to start of the seaon

When Jimmy Lindsay left as manager of KRR most of the squad signed for Pollok ... That squad ended up rock bottom and Pollok relegated

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that they left us [emoji849]

It's probably the most common practice in football is managers leaving a club and taking a large amount of players to his new club , it happened with frank lynch at Beith when he left arthurlie and brung guys like Marc mcshane , Steve jack , John jack, Charlie Hobbs , Martin McGarvey , Steve Convery , Kevin Montgomery , Stuart Allison , Brian mckeown & Chris Kerr . 

About half a dozen of the first guys mentioned moved straight from arthurlie to beith with frank and it's nothing new in managers bringing guys they trust with them from an old club to their new club . 

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 14:12, LeeKRR1878 said:

A little off topic here but do Clydebank have plans of moving into their own ground at some point or are Bankies and Yoker both happy with sharing Holm Park?

There are on-going talks about turning Holm Park into a community stadium with both teams still sharing & WDC contributing around 2 mill to refurbish the old place.  The initiative appears to be coming from WDC but since Clydebank got knocked back for a new ground in the Faifley area I have my doubts!!! 

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:51, BANKIEBILL said:

I'm surprised you waited as long as you did Taxman ... I don't hate any ( Junior ) club esp Yoker ... Will quite often pop down and see them when the Bankies aren't playing as do a great many do my fellow Bankies fans. V ungrateful of you to throw that support back in our faces :( 

Does this look like the face of concern? :thumsup2

34 minutes ago, Taxman said:

There are on-going talks about turning Holm Park into a community stadium with both teams still sharing & WDC contributing around 2 mill to refurbish the old place.  The initiative appears to be coming from WDC but since Clydebank got knocked back for a new ground in the Faifley area I have my doubts!!! 

How long has the current arrangement been in place? 6 or 7 years? 

Ground sharing between the 2 clubs is obviously workable so it makes sense that they should try to move forward with a view to developing a shared facility.

The whole point of football is you "hate" your rivals. The fact you go down the pub with them after the game doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Arthurlie are obviously our closest rivals but I just pity them these days as they are irrelevant :thumsup2 same with m£dda because of the sugar daddy thing but I'd like to see them get over their current problems. Ladeside top of my "hate" list followed by Petershill.

4 hours ago, PollokLoyal said:

The whole point of football is you "hate" your rivals. The fact you go down the pub with them after the game doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

Arthurlie are obviously our closest rivals but I just pity them these days as they are irrelevant :thumsup2 same with m£dda because of the sugar daddy thing but I'd like to see them get over their current problems. Ladeside top of my "hate" list followed by Petershill.

When was the last time you beat irrelevant Arthurlie ? If you lot hadn't been in our league last year we would have gone down. Always a welcome 6 points.

Ive never made any secret of it, i think its backwards, no fixture list, playing 3/4 times a week every april when summer football would suit it better, scared to move forward. Plenty Bankies fans like the junior game, I personally dont. I dont particularly enjoy it no.

[emoji24] [emoji15] [emoji24] [emoji15] [emoji33]

5 hours ago, PollokLoyal said:

you hate ladeside "NEVER". You only try slate and slander us at every given moment 

It can be natural to hate your rivals... But I don't hate Kilsyth Rangers. I love to beat them but I would like them to do well this season and hopefully come up so we can play them more

I don't have a hatred to any team but I have a strong dislike to Pollok

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ive never made any secret of it, i think its backwards, no fixture list, playing 3/4 times a week every april when summer football would suit it better, scared to move forward. Plenty Bankies fans like the junior game, I personally dont. I dont particularly enjoy it no.

I can't understand your logic in this,mate. You say in your previous posting that you go to watch junior football,which you don't like :blink:,just so that you can see your club? Why? For a number of years now,Clydebank ARE a junior team....& a decent one at that! I love to watch ALL football,& attended senior matches until a couple of seasons ago;when I returned to the juniors to watch my beloved Buffs (Aye,sad,I know). You don't get the same sense of 'belonging' & 'close involvement' as well as value for money with the seniors;like you do with junior football,imo. If you "don't particularly enjoy it", then why bother? The days of Clydebank being a senior club are long gone! 

Archived