Ross County v Motherwell 10/09/16

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the day of paying a transfer fee.

[emoji1]

The one that always cracks me up is paying £500K for John Hendry after he scored 2 in a Spurs reserve game.

f**k Alex McLeish! Arsehole!

Agree with the sentiment but was Hendry not less than that? Around £200k?

AFAIK Spencer is still our record signing at £500k.

Read on steelmen online that mcleish spent 2 million?

A different financial world altogether.

We got £1.75m for O'Donnell so it'd have been that money he was chucking about. I'm genuinely not surprised if it was £1m+ he spent. In addition to McSkimming Van der Gaag was £450k-ish alone. Eddie May was cash £250k? + Kirk and McGrillen.

Did he pay a fee for Andy Roddie? I seem to remember him being his first signing. He managed to utterly dismantle one of the best Motherwell sides I've seen. P***k.

16 hours ago, Defender said:

The boys already off his feet at the penalty. Surely it shouldn't have been given?

Fox doesn't get anything on the ball and impedes McDonald, clearly a penalty.

Watching it back McEveley's first yellow was worse than I thought at the time, absolute shocker of a challenge.

23 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Watching it back McEveley's first yellow was worse than I thought at the time, absolute shocker of a challenge.

From my seat it just looked like a late but slightly spiteful tackle.  The BBC replay shows it to be worse than that.

It happened just moments after Lasley took out Schalk in front of McEveley at the dug outs, which was late, high and probably merited a red more than McEveley's first yellow.

Just a quick note on the point of County's disallowed goal. Definitely offside. Helped by the 6 yard line here. Samson yet again spilling a shot straight at him that could easily have cost us a goal though.

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.40.16.png

I'm not even shocked anymore. The guy picks out a striker with fucking laser precision.

Archived