Ross County v Motherwell 10/09/16

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a fair chance that Chow will get his first start, tucked in from the right.

Desp's mention of the 3-0 game last season reminded me of Tony Dingwall, who scored a lovely goal that day.  He has 4 league goals in his career, 3 against Motherwell and 1 against Celtic.  There were times in that 3-0 game that Dingwall looked really promising, coming in off the left to link with the forwards.  He also looked ropey at times, putting the team under trouble by holding on to the ball too often - that is something I'm sure he could quickly learn from if given time to develop in the team.

He hasn't had the chance to improve yet.  He only had five starts last season and needs more if he is going to have a future at the club.  Sometimes when he has come on it has been as a wing-back, which suits him even less than it does Franks and Gardyne.  I think on the left of the 4-4-2 is probably his most suited position in Jim's system, given that he will never be considered as a second striker.  With only three 'wide' midfielders in the squad, he needs to show he wants to be a regular - I never saw that from him when he came on in the last game.  He needs a run in the team to prove himself, but does Jim really trust him enough to do that?  I hope so.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Deas' dream rings are bigger, better (IMO) and cheaper than Gow's.  Haggis pie and Deas dream ring combo is probably the best thing about Dingwall apart from the football.

Absolutely agreed.

FWIW I think we might sneak a win here, I know Motherwell's head to head against us favours them, but I see it being a tight 2-1. Boyce is on form, so we've got to give him as many chances as possible.

No idea if we'll win today or not and it's difficult to be confident with Samson there as a risk of chucking a couple in however I do quite fancy Ainsworth and/or Bowman to score.

Interested to see how McGhee sets up and how we compensate for the loss of width now Johnson's gone.

image.jpeg

Not long until the crust, neeps and tatties are baked to an enticing golden finish.

(Pic courtesy of @DPMCatering)

Those look absolutely magnificent.

I can forsee it being tight today but hopefully we see Moult making his return with a goal or two...

Motherwell: Samson, Tait, Hammell, Heneghan, McManus, Bowman, Cadden, Lasley, Chalmers, Clay, McDonald

Motherwell subs: Brill, Ainsworth, Moult, Thomas, McFadden, Ferguson, Fry

Pleased to see Tom Fry make the bench he's looked good in any of the 20s games I've seen.

On 9/7/2016 at 11:51, bunglebonce said:

Ross County haven't drawn at home in the league in 30 months.

Reveal hidden contents

Great to see dd get the recognition he deserves with a tag from the OP, by the way.

K1S46Qa.png

Does McEveley's red card mean Coinneach Van Der Weg starts next week?

Archived