Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I really don’t think there would be need for any pressure.  It would benefit all the 27 to a greater or lesser degree for Brexit not to go ahead.  Extending Article 50would be an easy sell.

That’s obviously true for Brexit not going ahead

But it’s not so clearly the case for just spinning the current situation out further before the UK leaves

It would make a lot more sense to arrange an extension if there was some actual reason for doing so

A new UK government following a general election or a plan to hold a referendum on whatever deal is agreed would be the most obvious examples

Looks like whatever happens the uncertainty about the final deal, after a transition period and the backstops etc, will be unknowable for years, so domestic and inward investment will be constrained for years, unless there's a revote with a conclusive path.

11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’s obviously true for Brexit not going ahead

But it’s not so clearly the case for just spinning the current situation out further before the UK leaves

It would make a lot more sense to arrange an extension if there was some actual reason for doing so

A new UK government following a general election or a plan to hold a referendum on whatever deal is agreed would be the most obvious examples

That’s true.  Some months back the EU27 ‘indicated’ a GE or a further referendum with Remain as one of the options would be enough to justify an extension.  Anything other than that would probably be met with gtf; and rightly so.

David Mundell: “I am absolutely part of the Cabinet because I am satisfied with the deal... on CFP... we are clear we are leaving it in 2020 and becoming an independent coastal state I am satisfied that the deal will allow us to do that, I am happy to support that deal”

24 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Assuming this all goes tits up, I'd be interested to hear from the few mis-guided souls on this thread who voted for brexit where they would like to see matters proceeding  from here.

Leave Means Leave - Get out NOW and give Brussles NOTHING

Firms seeking staff are being hit by labour shortages, with a "reversal" in the number of migrants in UK workplaces, says HR body the CIPD.

As Brexit approaches, the CIPD says the shortage of both EU and non-EU migrants reflects a falling interest in the UK as a destination for migrant workers.

And it said research among over 1,000 employers suggested that vacancies are becoming harder to fill.

The squeeze is leading employers to increase pay rates, said the CIPD.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46169131

Moronic how? It's probably hard to gauge the scale and impact of mass immigration from Stornoway. You may not be the best person to comment on the subject , even tho' you are entitled to an opinion, as are ,so you rightly say, 65,million other people in Britain. You probably don't realise that a lot of Leave voters aren't against immigration per se, but against the scale, the impact on their communities, the strain on local services and resources, the lack of control over who comes in and the fact they do not benefit  but see big business and the wealthy benefitting from cheap labour. It may be about prejudice for some but for the majority it's about the negative impact on their daily lives.....and the fact they are constantly lectured at by politicians who don't suffer the consequences.
Maybe from Stornoway 20 years of mass , unfettered immigration looks like a wonderful achievement of multi culturalism. For those in amngst it the picture ain't quite so rosy, I fear!! 
You make good points but most of the problems surrounding immigration have their origin in London, and not the EU. For long and weary UK Governments have pursued a drive to lower wages in order to maximise profit and a steady stream of labour from the continent and elsewhere has been willing to step up.
And I wonder just how many of these incandescent Brexit voters paid their Polish plumber cash in hand and will shout like f**k when their veg rockets in Asda because the Portuguese pickers have exited East Anglia, hypocritical c***s that they are.