Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Aye, worst case scenario they rent some temporary office space, no mention of moving back the 200 billion euros of assets they shifted from here to Germany after Brexit.

I did use the word rumour.
However, the threat of blackouts in Germany is quite real.
I was more getting at it being posted in the Brexit thread. Even if the rumours came true it would be nothing to do with Brexit which is why they relocated to Germany in the first instance.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Other half came back from Asda yesterday saying you're only allowed to buy 3 lots of meats now. eg: 3 chickens, or steak or mince etc or a mixture of only 3 types. She was told it was temporary but not so sure.

That sounds ominously like rationing by the back door.    Unless it really is just a supply hiccup.   I know which I think is more likely.

Don't know if it's Brexit or not, but today I was in a Co-Op and an Aldi. European white wines pretty thin on the ground but loads from South America and Australia. We were after some Italian white wines but had to go for Spanish instead. Would have preferred Frascati, or maybe a Pino Grigio but none to be seen. 

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Don't know if it's Brexit or not, but today I was in a Co-Op and an Aldi. European white wines pretty thin on the ground but loads from South America and Australia. We were after some Italian white wines but had to go for Spanish instead. Would have preferred Frascati, or maybe a Pino Grigio but none to be seen. 

Horrendous privation there.

Probably as bad as going 5 years without a cup win...

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

There are some very nice White Riojas.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There are some very nice White Riojas.

Aye but it was a bit weird seeing so few "popular" wines from Italy.  Must be these trade deals with Pluto or Uranus or wherever ET has been poking around with her copy of "Idiot's Guide to Trade Deals". 

29 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aye but it was a bit weird seeing so few "popular" wines from Italy.  Must be these trade deals with Pluto or Uranus or wherever ET has been poking around with her copy of "Idiot's Guide to Trade Deals". 

I certainly have no desire to imbibe anything from Uranus.

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Wetherspoons putting 32 of it's pubs up for sale after announcing losses of £30M.

Feel sorry for any staff but F*** Wetherspoons. They were cheerleaders for the ongoing omnishambles that is Brexit.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Wonder what they'll blame it on? COVID probably. They won't dare mention the 'B' word.

They always blame everything on Brexit not being hard enough, and that the government taxes them too much.

It's quite amusing to see their intermittent campaigns to get their customers on side for tax breaks. Allow us to contribute less to the public services that you use and we'll give you 15p off your pint  :rolleyes:

Edit: presumably Tim Martin's used to hearing that it's not hard enough and too taxing. Lol.

Edited by BFTD