Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Excluding the present unique situation Labour needs Scotland even if it means reliance on the SNP.

Isn’t it the case that Scottish seats making a difference is actually the anomaly? Labour (and the Tories) have won outright majorities without Scottish seats mattering more than otherwise, I believe. So Labour actually needing Scotland to form a UK government would be closer to being unique…

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

Isn’t it the case that Scottish seats making a difference is actually the anomaly? Labour (and the Tories) have won outright majorities without Scottish seats mattering more than otherwise, I believe. So Labour actually needing Scotland to form a UK government would be closer to being unique…

Yup and yup.

Incidentally, fie on Labour excuses about keeping the right-wing media happy. Because 1) the traditional media have little influence on elections  nowadays: the SNP keep winning in Scotland despite having no media support (The National disnae count as naebody reads it). 2) The Mail and Express would trash Labour even if they promised to hang all Remainers and equip De Havilland Mosquitos to strafe channel-crossing migrants. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Excluding the present unique situation Labour needs Scotland even if it means reliance on the SNP.

Thats not what the polling shows - and political expediency dictates that Starmer will always say what "his" voters want to hear.

And if that is  (paraphrasing here, obvs) that "there aint no black in the Union Jack" and "I will never allow those Jock fucks to break up the Union" then thats what the p***k will say.

I almost hate the current incarnation of Labour as much as the Tories because they will be voted in, the economy will be fucked because of the Tories, immigration will be sky high, the NHS and other public services will have fallen apart, and Labour will be able to do nothing and the Tories will get back in 5 years....................because the English are daft sheep believign what the fucking Express tells them

And we will still be part of their shitshow despite what you or I want.

Personally I think Brexit should be exposed as a scam.  If there really is £350 million more week for the NHS then why can't they give nurses a pay rise.  Constantly ask where the benefits are.  Make it embarrassing for anyone to admit they voted Leave.

7 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Old crusty white people realising they have nuked the country simply because Nigel Farage’s billboard told them to.

I love the bloke at the end saying it's going to affect his kids and grandkids more than him so he doesn't give a f**k, and the idiot mithering about furriners stealing her benefits saying that people should just be nice to each other and everything will be fine (e.g. stop calling me a dippit c**t for believing the shite I read in the tabloids).

"It's all going very well isn't it?" Part 2,597...

"The government's next fleet of armoured ministerial cars will be made in Germany because supply chain issues hampered by Brexit mean no British manufacturer is able to meet its requirements, The Independent has learned."

Independent article is paywalled, but is at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-ministerial-government-cars-made-in-germany-audi-b2250544.html

No doubt this will be spun as a demonstration that Brexit has resulted in increased trade with Germany... 

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

"The government's next fleet of armoured ministerial cars will be made in Germany because supply chain issues hampered by Brexit mean no British manufacturer is able to meet its requirements, The Independent has learned."

Independent article is paywalled, but is at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-ministerial-government-cars-made-in-germany-audi-b2250544.html

No doubt this will be spun as a demonstration that Brexit has resulted in increased trade with Germany... 

And hilariously it's 12 months at least until they start all the import controls.

and with no end in sight of resolving the NIP it could be 2025 before Brexit is actually "done"

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Old crusty white people realising they have nuked the country simply because Nigel Farage’s billboard told them to.

By no means all of the interviewed leavers are 'old'. Nor were those who voted leave. The most accurate predictor of voting leave was lack of educational attainment.

7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It’s proof that the Germans will still want to sell us cars after Brexit. Not sure if it has any affect on Prosecco producers, right enough.

On 24/12/2022 at 19:21, welshbairn said:

Looks like it could be a temporary move by Korea to reduce pork prices domestically. EU pork exports to Korea are already tariff free.

South Korea imposes zero tariffs on imported pork amid inflation woes

That was in June.

This is a lifting on banned UK  products (pork) going into S.Korea.  

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/british-pigs-in-blankets-on-the-menu-in-south-korea-this-christmas-thanks-to-trade-win#:~:text=UK government has secured the,pork products to South Korea.&text=UK companies can export products,exports of processed pork products.

It's dated 24th Dec '22 - I like this part

We have removed that barrier in time for Christmas and it is worth so much to farmers over the Christmas Period

I will add that S.Korea are the 4 largest country for imported pork.  The Netherlands are the 4th largest  exporter to them, £113,000,000 or (8.9% of all pork imports) in 1 year to  during covid, when imports were down. 2021.

This is a nothing deal..... maybe up to £1,000,000 over 5 years.  I would be embarrassed to make this public.

etA - I just read the Express report.  They are so proud.  'Brixit WIN'.  Holy Fuk!

UK 14th

https://www.worldstopexports.com/pork-exports-by-country/

Edited by SlipperyP