Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

20 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-accepts-eu-judges-role-in-northern-ireland-protocol-t6f9s85dv?s=09

Britain accepts EU judges’ role in Northern Ireland protocol

BUT MUH SOVRUNTY

That's not a huge concession in the grand scheme of things IMO.

30 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Can we please have a comment from a Tory/unionist to show us in what way this news is a great victory for the UK? 

Just in case.....

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I should have said -

"Can we please have a comment from a Tory/unionist who is not on very short my ignore list to show us in what way this news is a great victory for the UK?"

Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just in case.....

"Can we please have a comment from a Tory/unionist who is not on very short my ignore list to show us in what way this news is a great victory for the UK?"

Cheers. 

You'll do nicely for No.20.

Seriously, you'll enjoy your life more if you just drop the hatred.

Cheerio 😀

Edited by Scott Steiner

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Just in case.....

Cheers. 

Welcome to a proud and exclusive club, S n V!!

Really quite surprised there's still no open discussion of entirely temporary emergency measures to make the unemployed work these jobs in exchange for continued benefits.

Maybe next year.

49 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

And so it continues. 

Millions of daffodils ‘will rot’ if Brexit denies UK farmers foreign workers

Flower growers fear end of the UK’s £100m industry as Covid and border restrictions lead to lack of seasonal workers

The Welsh knew what they were voting for.

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Lord Frost has resigned tonight seemingly 

Unelected bureaucrat c**t. We voted to leave to make sure c***s like him are out of a job.

He was a remainer, wasn’t he? No morals whatsoever. Hopefully he has a terrible Christmas and New Year.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Talk about a poisoned chalice... I don't imagine that the great and the good of the Tory hierarchy will be answering any calls from Downing Street for a week or so. 

They'd rather eat their own j0&&ies than take that job on. 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

By all accounts he was totally out of his depth, thick as three really thick lumps of wood nailed together, and is now saying he resigned for other reasons of policy like tax rises etc so he can still hold fort at the members bar at his local golf club as a sound chap.

I've just read Frost's Wiki entry; yet another unprincipled but well-connected careerist opportunist who rose without trace and probably now finally realises that he is in WAY over his head on the problematic Brexit settlement.  And like Johnson, his position on Brexit has wibble-wobbled like a table jelly.

No worries though, a couple of non-exec directorships in the Scotch Whisky industry surely await Frosty The No-Man.  As to his replacement, I'd like to nominate Tim Martin if only for comedy value.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

By all accounts he was totally out of his depth, thick as three really thick lumps of wood nailed together, and is now saying he resigned for other reasons of policy like tax rises etc so he can still hold fort at the members bar at his local golf club as a sound chap.

In fairness, the Brexit trilemma is unresolvable, no matter who is in charge of negotiations. Hopefully the next one accepts this and negotiates accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

He quit because despite all the rhetoric he knows Brexit is a disaster, he can’t make it work but doesn’t want to be seen holding the pile of shite it’s caused 

Boris should appoint Rees-Mogg the new Brexit Minister.

He was in the "European Research Group" so he should know what to do and he wanted this, so he should be told to make it work.

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Rats leaving a sinking ship. 

if the Tories had any moral decency at all...they don't...they would call a GE. 

Hard to think of anyone in the Tory Party who could sort out this god awful, fucking mess.

Someone's going to have to own up and admit Brexit was a terrible mistake, and that's not likely to happen anytime soon. 

Could Labour fight an election on creating better relations with the EU by considering rejoining the Customs Union and single market? 

Boris should appoint Rees-Mogg the new Brexit Minister.
He was in the "European Research Group" so he should know what to do and he wanted this, so he should be told to make it work.
Good shout, people like him and Gove should be made to "sort it out".
Not going to happen though, as they know it's unsortable.
It'll be another no mark launched under the ( £350 million.) bus.