Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

In shock news the New Zealand trade deal shafts UK sheep farmers for a possible 20p off Sauvignon Blanc and a negligible benefit to the economy.
Sauvignon, Honey and Kiwifruit.....the staple diet of the great British working man / woman.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

In shock news the New Zealand trade deal shafts UK sheep farmers for a possible 20p off Sauvignon Blanc and a negligible benefit to the economy.

Aye, and I'm really struggling to understand how deals like these fit the planet-saving hogwash narrative we are about to hear at COP-26.

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, and I'm really struggling to understand how deals like these fit the planet-saving hogwash narrative we are about to hear at COP-26.

Do you feel we shouldn't do trade deals? I thought 'no deal' was a pretty unpopular position.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's a pretty crowded field, but that must be one of the poorest attempts at trolling I've seen on here. 

Of course we need trade deals and until recently the UK had the best one available.  Now it is signing up for any idiocy which can generate a ba'hair of what we had before and a favourable headline in the Brexit press, and never mind the planet-fucking consequences.

Grow your own ffs, we aren't at war if we need to grow our own to stop folk going hungry then reverse the political decision that brought us here.

30 minutes ago, 101 said:

Grow your own ffs, we aren't at war if we need to grow our own to stop folk going hungry then reverse the political decision that brought us here.

Fair play to the Guardian acknowledging something as “divisive” that isn’t ungrateful Scotland’s fault.

ETA: also fitting that an outfit named “Walk the Plank” is organising a “spectacle” for to delight the plebs.

Edited by Antlion

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If they could make it 50p I'd probably support it.

:cheers

‘Festival of Brexit': first events for divisive £120m project announced

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/mar/24/festival-of-brexit-first-events-for-divisive-120m-project-announced?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

A celebration of the British weather and the largest grow-your-own food project of modern times will be among the events

Thus bypassing some of the effects of Brexit at least.

"and all sorts of other benefits". 

But they don't even merit a mention alongside honey and kiwi fruit so they must be absolutely outstanding. Still, he managed to mangle many metaphors, so he's at his bumbling, bungling best and only looked at his script for every other word. What a joke of a man leading a joke of a country. Time to go it alone, Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58988711

Scottish farmers potentially getting shafted by the trade deal + concerns over similar deals to come.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
had copied a link from the 'Straya trade deal which for some reason was 2nd in my google search for uk nz trade deal, hm

I am reminded of an old USSR gag

A man goes into a shop and asks "don't you have any meat?"

"Sorry" says the shopkeeper "we don't have any fish. The shop that doesn't have any meat is across the road.."

On 22/10/2021 at 01:18, The_Kincardine said:

Loving the chemistry between Boris and Jacinda:

This whole cringeworthy exchange is interesting in that it would appear that the NZ side emphasis is clearly on the exchange of people perspective.

New Zealand would clearly like our young and brightest. 

From an ageing UK dynamic, we need to push for the reverse to be the case.