Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

I think this article explains why they are doing it.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/explainer-why-royal-dutch-shell-scrapping-dual-structure-london-netherlands-listing-144846008.html

Also, digging into the Shell website and public accounts, there is this document for 2019 outlining tax paid in each country.

https://reports.shell.com/tax-contribution-report/2019/servicepages/downloads/files/supplement-our-tax-data-by-country-and-location-shell-tcr19.pdf

That year they paid tax of $212 million in the Netherlands, and had a tax rebate of $116 million in the UK.

57 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

No idea what the full story is here, but where will the company pay corporation tax? 

Under this UK government?

It's more likely that a donation of around 3 million will go to the Conservatives, and they will receive a subsidy.

19 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

Nah. I fully agree that the UK is rancid and the government is corrupt. The fact that you posted a non-relevant counter as some kind of gotcha is standard unionist fare.

I'm only countering something that's factually incorrect. Having been a supporter of Scottish independence since the 1980s, I know that posting factually incorrect pish is standard unionist fare.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Wow.

There are criminal gangs operating in France taking money from migrants and supplying them with dingys to make the crossings resulting in these deaths.

That needs to be stopped. If gangs were supplying dingys to attack French fishing boats or oil tankers they would stop it soon enough.

Edited by Detournement

Just now, Detournement said:

There are criminal gangs operating in France taking money from migrants and supplying them with dingys to make the crossings resulting in these deaths.

That needs to be stopped. If gangs were supplying dingys to attack French fishing boats or oil tankers they would stop it soon enough.

And you think stopping the French criminal gangs will stop refugees trying to cross the channel?

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And you think stopping the French criminal gangs will stop refugees trying to cross the channel?

I don't think they are going to build rafts from driftwood so it should help.

The PM of France has already tweeted that they are the victims of criminal gangs.

Edited by Detournement