Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

30 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

That would be even more embarrassing in many ways. Imagine if Malta or Cyprus starting poaching British HGV drivers!

The seethe from the usual suspects would be off the scale as former colonies stick the knife in.

I could be wrong, but I'd imagine a non-EU (e.g. UK) driver could get a work permit in quite a few EU states at the moment.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Imagine if Alistair Campbell had just said "Aye, we just made WMD up then threw that Dr Kelly bloke under a bus. The US had our balls in a vice and f**k it, at least we got Saddam" in about 2004.

I’ve literally no idea what any of that means.

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I’ve literally no idea what any of that means.

We solved the constitutional crisis of our own making by entering into an agreement with our nearest neighbours and friends in bad faith, with zero intention of complying with what we heralded as a great success just so we could beat that b*****d who wanted to give everyone free WiFi. 

The true disaster of Brexit is the complete poisoning of relations with our neighbours, and yet we are still throwing petrol on the flames. Meanwhile everyone thinks the real litmus test will be the availability of pigs in blankets and Christmas trees.

Edited by bendan

19 minutes ago, bendan said:

The true disaster of Brexit is the complete poisoning of relations with our neighbours, and yet we are still throwing petrol on the flames. Meanwhile everyone thinks the real litmus test will be the availability of pigs in blankets and Christmas trees.

Medium to long term I agree, short term I would have thought the ludicrous exceptionalist response to covid wasn't great.

1 hour ago, bendan said:

The relationship is more like a divorcee desperately trying to help their destructive ex-partner. 

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Mundell is lying, more people voted for the SNP in the last election than voted for Brexit. Pity that wasn't pointed out.

He could win on a technicality. Only 19,735 voted for Nicola Sturgeon (in her constituency) 😉.

1,294,204 voted SNP in the constituency vote last election.

1,018,322 voted for Brexit.

Surprised that no-one pulled him up except online. 

ps. Does Mundell actually have a stammer or is he just a very nervous speaker?

Edited by Suspect Device

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

He could win on a technicality. Only 19,735 voted for Nicola Sturgeon (in her constituency) 😉.

1,294,204 voted SNP in the constituency vote last election.

1,018,322 voted for Brexit.

Surprised that no-one pulled him up except online. 

ps. Does Mundell actually have a stammer or is he just a very nervous speaker?

It's the old get your lie in first cos  far fewer people will notice the correction - it would've been embarrassing if he'd been called out on the show but he probably considers it a success.

28 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

It's like in the last general election, more people didn't vote for the Tories than did.

Yes, but even more people didn't vote for any of the other parties than did.