Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Just now, Soapy FFC said:

I see that Scotland, Wales and NI will be able to decide themselves if they want to follow or not. If they decide not to, how will pollen carrying insects be stopped from crossing the border and bring modified pollen with them, thereby contaminating unmodified crops outside of England?

Snipers. 

14 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I work in this area and the vast majority of tenants are foreigners or students, also English coming up fo short term contracts that don't want to buy a property as they are only here for work. They need the private landlords so they have somewhere to live. This is what it is like in Edinburgh. Private landlords are a necessity.

Lot's of Chinese now coming in. I don't know if they are allowed to buy property right away even though they have the money so they need to rent.

Seriously? You're either a landlord defending your parasitic values, or lack the imagination to visualise alternatives.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

I see that Scotland, Wales and NI will be able to decide themselves if they want to follow or not. If they decide not to, how will pollen carrying insects be stopped from crossing the border and bring modified pollen with them, thereby contaminating unmodified crops outside of England?

Border Guard bees.

Probably not affecting the one closest to DPB, so he'll be alright but 

Some areas of Next's business have begun to come under pressure from a lack of foreign workers, particularly in logistics and warehousing, which may affect its delivery service going into the peak festive season.

24 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Some areas of Next's business have begun to come under pressure from a lack of foreign workers, particularly in logistics and warehousing, which may affect its delivery service going into the peak festive season.

You mean... No Boxing Day Sale at Next?

Every cloud...

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Sounds like a promotional rumour to spark a bit of panic buying. 

Brave New World...

Genetically modified food a step closer in England as laws relaxed

Ministers are keen to use Brexit to allow gene editing, a form of genetic modification that is heavily restricted in the EU, to be used in the UK, despite a public consultation that found 87% of people who responded viewed gene-edited crops as a greater risk than traditional crop breeding methods.
Genetically modified food a step closer in England as laws relaxed | GM | The Guardian
Let them eat....genetically modified grasshoppers.

Highly trained bats obviously

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Highly trained bats obviously

That wouldn’t be cricket…

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Honestly, why couldn’t that be dealt with through publicly owned rental properties?

Private landlords are only a necessity because they have created a problem to which they are the solution. 

It would be great if the council/government could arrange something like that but right now there are  people coming to Edinburgh that need somewhere to live. It will take a while to build all the properties they need. They can't just sit and wait.

3 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

It would be great if the council/government could arrange something like that but right now there are  people coming to Edinburgh that need somewhere to live. It will take a while to build all the properties they need. They can't just sit and wait.

I don't suppose you'd consider my solution of imprisoning all landlords and seizing their assets without compensation?

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don't suppose you'd consider my solution of imprisoning all landlords and seizing their assets without compensation?

You're paying too much rent for your place then? 

Without private landlords Edinburgh would not be the place it is with people living here from around the world.

The natives should blame the authorities form not building more affordable housing. I don't see it as a choice between one and the other. 

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

You're paying too much rent for your place then? 

Without private landlords Edinburgh would not be the place it is with people living here from around the world.

The natives should blame the authorities form not building more affordable housing. I don't see it as a choice between one and the other. 

Even if you could build the vast number of places needed to satisfy everyone who fancied living in Edinburgh (which you basically can't), most of the people complaining about affordability would then complain that the place they were being offered wasn't in a good area.