Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

9 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

There's f**k all difference between the EU and the Nazis. They're certainly both run by the Germans.

I might be wrong but didn't the Nazis always huckle people "for zer papers", burn books, murder people on an industrial scale and all that? 

What flavour of Dragonsoop is your favourite?

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

There's f**k all difference between the EU and the Nazis. They're certainly both run by the Germans.

Superb little sidestep into Godwin's law...

Godwin's Law | Know Your Meme

13 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

The ECB set the interest rates acros the eurozone, all eurozone countries have to then have the same financial bubble inducing practices (construction and property, for example).

To stop the whole thing from crashing, new members are constantly touted to offset the effects of constant bailouts of money they never really had.

I think you'll find that is a Ponzi scheme. Sorry if that's difficult to understand

So Croatia, who was the last country to join the EU in 2013 and doesn't use the Euro is somehow (with 5 million people) keeping an EU/EURO ponzi scheme from collapse?

I've had your Ladybird Book  version. Give me the detailed version if you like as that synopsis was the dictionary definition of talking out your arse.

To get back on track though- shortages in fuel. Nae HGV drivers. Gaps in ordinary goods on shelves. Medicines (including MS stuff for myself and Calpol for small children) unavailable. Limited storage for gas, particularly compared to our European "partners" (and prices MUCH higher too). 

Things are great, no?

4 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

I never said Croatia was in the eurozone, did I? Do you understand the difference between the EU and Euro currency? Dear me, you don't seem too bright, how about getting off your SJW arse and doing some independent research? 

"Ponzi Scheme"

Definition:

A Ponzi scheme is an investment fraud that pays existing investors with funds collected from new investors. Ponzi scheme organizers often promise to invest your money and generate high returns with little or no risk. ... With little or no legitimate earnings, Ponzi schemes require a constant flow of new money to survive.

.....no "new investor" since 2013. Five million people. Doesn't use the currency. 

f**k me.

4 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

To get back on track though- shortages in fuel. Nae HGV drivers. Gaps in ordinary goods on shelves. Medicines (including MS stuff for myself and Calpol for small children) unavailable. Limited storage for gas, particularly compared to our European "partners" (and prices MUCH higher too). 

Things are great, no?

Hope your MS stuff got sorted. 

14 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

You clearly don't realise many countries outside the euro are tied to the ECB, similar to the ERM. Other outside countries are also constantly called upon to assist in bailouts.

For example, the UK was called upon to bail out Ireland to the tune of 7 billion in 2010 alongside the ECB, who have, incidentally allowed another property bubble to develope over there.

Like I said, do some research.

You're apparently the expert. You called the Euro a "ponzi scheme". My limited knowledge of this term is something like the Farepack debacle. 

If you don't know how a "ponzi scheme" works then don't use the term.

It makes you look ignorant particularly when you're discussing intricate political and constitutional affairs. Just saying.

Edited by speckled tangerine

1 hour ago, speckled tangerine said:

That's the garage in Cairneyhill run out of Diesel. Farmfoods are out of slabs of various fizzy pop with the manager admitting that further supplies "are unlikely".

I filled up there today ( I live there, and I was needing it as it was 3 or 4 weeks since I last filled up), and it was definitely busier than normal. 

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I filled up there today ( I live there, and I was needing it as it was 3 or 4 weeks since I last filled up), and it was definitely busier than normal. 

Dawson Park Boy would allow you to vote on the SIMD/own a car criteria! You're winning at life!

1 minute ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

I've just described it very clearly to you, I'm not sure how I can make you understand if you still don't get it. 

You don't understand how a "ponzi scheme" works. You described the Euro as a "ponzi scheme".

To run a ponzi scheme you require new investors regularly to pay for those already involved. If this isn't the case the whole thing collapses. I fail to see how Croatia joining 8 years ago, but not using the Euro maintains a "ponzi scheme". 

If you don't understand this very simple fundamental, you can't possibly understand more difficult stuff. 

Dunning Krueger.

1 hour ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

In reality, the EU tell the national govts (especially the small countries) who to appoint, and it's invariably globalist patsys.

If Scotland were to become independent and then join the EU they would be one of the smallest member states, this would meant the EU would dictate everything, from commission appointments to national budgets. Scotland would likely be corralled into joining the biggest Ponzi scheme in the world, the euro as well.

What is the basis for the highlighted parts?

The last two sentences should see you banned for your own good. They'd be unacceptable at the best of times, and they certainly are in the context of this discussion.

1 minute ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

I note you didn't rebut my previous replies to your retarded comments about the shortages. The fact is you have no answer to anything which goes against your narrow echo-chamber view. Feel free to f**k off to Brussels when we get independence.

Retarded comments? That's poor.

Best you give your keyboard a rest tonight mate. 

2 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

Christ you're thick. I explained that outside countries are also tied to the ECB via an ERM and as such are called upon to keep the project afloat. Sorry if you can't get your head around that.

It doesn't explain how yer "ponzi scheme" hasn't collapsed yet, Euro member/ERM or whatever. 

Post some sources. Academic ones preferably.