Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

43 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

*Sigh* The current situation is nothing to do with Brexit, it's a europewide problem. Germany has a shortage of 60,000 lorry drivers, I suppose that's due to brexit as well is it?

They don't have food/petrol/energy shortages though.  That's the fucking point. *Sigh* in-fucking-deed.

Edited by Baxter Parp

50 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

They don't have food/petrol/energy shortages though.  That's the fucking point. *Sigh* in-fucking-deed.

Agreed, It's amazing when people are so blinkered by their views they will defend them against the indefensible - kind of like Rangers fans.

On another note, knew a girl a few years back who would panic and fill up whenever there was anything less than half a tank in her car at any time.

Edited by red23

Thank God England voted for Brexit. We can sort this little local difficulty out in no time at all.

Unbelievable!

From the Independent :

Tory MP claims Brexit is reason HGV visa change can occur

Dr Liam Fox, who was a staunch supporter of Brexit, has urged the government to move ahead with visa changes that would let thousands of EU lorry drivers work in the UK amid the HGV driver shortage.

The UK’s divorce from the EU has been partly blamed for the lack of lorry drivers, so Dr Fox’s claim that Brexit is what will allow the visa rule change is probably going to ruffle a few feathers.

The ability to issue more visas if and when our economy needs them is exactly what "taking back control" was about. Of course we should do it!

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Due to leaving the EU, we now have the ability to ask a small fraction of the people we turned away to return. If we were still in the EU, we wouldn't have the power to do this.

CON +4.

48 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

1) There are no major food shortages, it's just the media doing what they always do, making a mountain out of a molehill.

There are many empty shelves in supermarkets because of food shortages. There are no empty shelves in the EU.

49 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

2) Same with petrol, there's no actual shortage of the stuff, it's a shortage of tanker drivers. Which has nothing to do with brexit.

An estimated 20,000 European HGV drivers have fucked off and can't come back because of Brexit. 

51 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

3) Again, there's not an actual shortage of energy, it's just the energy market, thanks to deregulation over many years has become saturated. As a result, a lot of energy companies have gone bust - that's not the same as an energy shortage.

We have practically zero storage in our system due to deregulation, indeed, but not only that, we have left the EU energy market which would protect us from major fluctuations in gas prices.

Every one of these issues has been caused by or exacerbated by Brexit.

54 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

But please, don't let me inject some facts into your blinkered political views.

Come back to me when you have some actual facts.

2 hours ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

2) Same with petrol, there's no actual shortage of the stuff, it's a shortage of tanker drivers. Which has nothing to do with brexit.

When you drive a diesel car, and you pass petrol stations with signs out saying "No Diesel", then to me it seem like there are shortages. Doesn't matter what politicians, experts etc say, if there is none available to buy, then it is a shortage.

Edited by Soapy FFC
Spelling

1 hour ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

And how exactly are they false? Because you don't agree?

Because you clearly haven't educated yourself on how the Commissioners and Parliamentarians are elected, otherwise the opinion you expressed in your previous post would have been formulated in another manner.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

*Sigh* The current situation is nothing to do with Brexit, it's a europewide problem. Germany has a shortage of 60,000 lorry drivers, I suppose that's due to brexit as well is it?

This is an absolute true fucking nonsense. 

I'm stunned you haven't teamed up yet with DPB and the rest of right wing, batshit mental, moon howlers on the Coronavirus thread. 

That's the garage in Cairneyhill run out of Diesel. Farmfoods are out of slabs of various fizzy pop with the manager admitting that further supplies "are unlikely".

Iceland's shelves beside East End Park were the sparcist I've ever seen. Couldn't get some of the everyday stuff the kids like. All empirical drip drip stuff I know.

I also noticed the prices had gone up ten pence here and twenty pence there. 

Let's face it- if you are on a low income, you are facing an extremely bleak six months here.

1 minute ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

Oh dear, you really haven't done your homework have you?

The 'parliamentarians' as you call them or MEP's aren't as democratically elected as you think. Are you aware if an MEP resigns there is no by-election, his replacement is appointed. Not very democratic is it.

And for the commissioners, it may trouble you to learn that they are appointed, not elected.

Just like list MSPs here then, no?

3 minutes ago, Ex-pat Scotty said:

Wrong again, appointed by the EU Commission, where it's all backhanders and dodgy deals.

That's just plain wrong. Each national govt nominates a commissioner. Only people nominated by their respective govt can become a commissioner. Yes they have to be approved in some way, but it's still the case that the respective national govt chooses who will be their commissioner.