Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

17 hours ago, TheBruce said:

The short term losses and disruption were indeed forecast.

Not by the Leave campaign.

What was not, was NI border

Because the Leave campaign ignored it and claimed that the UK would retain membership of the Customs Union and the Single Market.

the EU actively seeking recrimination to try and make sure Brexit wouldn't work.

The EU has done nothing more vindictive than to attempt to adhere to the rules that the UK signed up to.

Edited by Baxter Parp

3 hours ago, SANTAN said:

It's probably on a par on the ridiculous scale as 90% of the stuff posted on here about the UK crumbling. 

The UK is indeed crumbling; economically (now turbo-boosted by the lunacy of Brexit), politically (never has there been more division and divergence on nationhood and the monarchy for example) and morally (endemic corruption and tax evasion and flagrant contempt for Parliamentary rule by the Government of the day). 

Empires don't implode overnight, it's generally a slow process of atrophy, but once it gains momentum it is an irreversible course.  Because that doesn't fit your personal political narrative doesn't mean it isn't happening.

31 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The UK is indeed crumbling; economically (now turbo-boosted by the lunacy of Brexit), politically (never has there been more division and divergence on nationhood and the monarchy for example) and morally (endemic corruption and tax evasion and flagrant contempt for Parliamentary rule by the Government of the day). 

Empires don't implode overnight, it's generally a slow process of atrophy, but once it gains momentum it is an irreversible course.  Because that doesn't fit your personal political narrative doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Birthday caird pish. 

More empirical asides now.

I myself and a couple of folk I know are having severe issues obtaining our supply of disease modifying Multiple sclerosis meds. It's manufactured by Biogen in the Netherlands and it's impossible to source. My MS nurse and consultant have had issues with other medication lately from Europe. They both suspect Brexit reasons as opposed to covid.

I'm getting a script from the hospital's own pharmacy which is a bit off the books and not the normal procedure but if things don't improve supply wise I'm in a fair bit of shite health wise.

More empirical asides now.
I myself and a couple of folk I know are having severe issues obtaining our supply of disease modifying Multiple sclerosis meds. It's manufactured by Biogen in the Netherlands and it's impossible to source. My MS nurse and consultant have had issues with other medication lately from Europe. They both suspect Brexit reasons as opposed to covid.
I'm getting a script from the hospital's own pharmacy which is a bit off the books and not the normal procedure but if things don't improve supply wise I'm in a fair bit of shite health wise.
On a personal level, fingers crossed it doesn't come to that @speckled tangerine but the whole thing sounds an absolute shitfest. The human element of Brexit.

I can vouch for medical supply issues as well. Pharmacy in Ninewells is struggling to source various medicines and medicinal supplies (especially from Germany) because the supply chain is completely broken. Can imagine it’s similar in other Scottish hospitals as well.

BBC radio five live have a "why are there empty shelves" phone in this morning, and the gymnastic contortions on display in an effort to not say Brexit are incredible. 

Apparently we need to respect Lorrycunts more, because smiling at Long Distance Clara and being patient when they make an arse of it and block the road will magically solve the 100k personnel shortfall. 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

BBC radio five live have a "why are there empty shelves" phone in this morning, and the gymnastic contortions on display in an effort to not say Brexit are incredible. 

Apparently we need to respect Lorrycunts more, because smiling at Long Distance Clara and being patient when they make an arse of it and block the road will magically solve the 100k personnel shortfall. 

Ha, the wee blue rinse wummin saying don't let the young ones go to further education, get them eating Yorkies and driving 18 wheelers all over Blighty.