Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

23 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I don't have much sympathy with her to be honest.

Is this not just the opposite side of the coin to British "ex-pats" not being allowed to stay in Spain, which was greeted on here by whoops of joy and raucous laughter?

Were the rules not mutually agreed?

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is this not just the opposite side of the coin to British "ex-pats" not being allowed to stay in Spain, which was greeted on here by whoops of joy and raucous laughter?

Yes but it does not fit his agenda

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

She's lived here since she was 11 months old though. Some people are just rubbish at form filling and dealing with bureaucracy, they were probably looking for an excuse to sack her.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She's lived here since she was 11 months old though. Some people are just rubbish at form filling and dealing with bureaucracy, they were probably looking for an excuse to sack her.

Maybe so, but there are plenty of advice centre type places who will fill out the forms for you.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I don't have much sympathy with her to be honest.

Why not?

There was very little sympathy for expats in Spain because they had spent years not paying taxes to the Spanish Authorities so were unable to prove their eligibility.

This is a bit different tbqh.

Think the employer comes across as c**t as well.

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

There was very little sympathy for expats in Spain because they had spent years not paying taxes to the Spanish Authorities so were unable to prove their eligibility.

This is a bit different tbqh.

Think the employer comes across as c**t as well.

Yeah, they're like the taxi drivers over here who couldn't claim proper Covid compo because they'd under declared their earnings for years.

25 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
Why not?

She's had what, four, five years to get her shite in order? Instead she waits until she gets the tin tack before doing anything about it. We're talking about a grown woman here.

"she has tried more than 100 times to get through to the Home Office-run helpline in the past three weeks, but has never been able to speak to an adviser.

She has applied for EU settled status, but her application is stuck somewhere in the backlog of over 500,000 cases the Home Office has yet to process. She is the main breadwinner, with two children to support, and said her dismissal has left her struggling to buy food."

You fucking idiot.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"she has tried more than 100 times to get through to the Home Office-run helpline in the past three weeks, but has never been able to speak to an adviser.

She has applied for EU settled status, but her application is stuck somewhere in the backlog of over 500,000 cases the Home Office has yet to process. She is the main breadwinner, with two children to support, and said her dismissal has left her struggling to buy food."

You fucking idiot.

My reading of it Baxter, is that her employer asked the question to her of her status on the 28th June. She couldn't prove anything and applied to the settled scheme on the 30th June.....as in the last day. She's made an absolute c**t of it to be fair. Aftertiming the helpline 100 times is neither here nor there.

I don't agree with brexit but The Guardian have picked a pretty shitey poster case here. It's not like the process hasn't been on every bus shelter for about 18 months, plus the telly ads and the newspapers. 

I have dealt with cases at my work when the circumstances are pretty awful. But she's been here most of her life so it's not a language thing or comprehension. 

52 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

My reading of it Baxter, is that her employer asked the question to her of her status on the 28th June. She couldn't prove anything and applied to the settled scheme on the 30th June.....as in the last day. She's made an absolute c**t of it to be fair. Aftertiming the helpline 100 times is neither here nor there.

I don't agree with brexit but The Guardian have picked a pretty shitey poster case here. It's not like the process hasn't been on every bus shelter for about 18 months, plus the telly ads and the newspapers. 

I have dealt with cases at my work when the circumstances are pretty awful. But she's been here most of her life so it's not a language thing or comprehension. 

52 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

her application is stuck somewhere in the backlog of over 500,000 cases the Home Office has yet to process

Who made a c**t of it? Her or the Home Office? They had years to prepare for this.

13 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Who made a c**t of it? Her or the Home Office? They had years to prepare for this.

So did she Baxter. Do I like what has happened? No. 

I think she's ignored the whole situation willingly, kidding herself that it didn't have anything to do with her situation right up until it did.

I like the Guardian. As I said, this is a shite case to cheerlead.

5 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

So did she Baxter. Do I like what has happened? No. 

I think she's ignored the whole situation willingly, kidding herself that it didn't have anything to do with her situation right up until it did.

I like the Guardian. As I said, this is a shite case to cheerlead.

Bollocks.  If the system has a backlog of 500,000 cases, that's not her fault.

Im flying to Malta from Leeds today, just about to board the plane at the gate and an elderly couple were denied boarding because their passports didnt have 6months validity or something. The staff member said ‘yeh its because of an EU rule since we left’ heard the old boy say ‘wish id known that when we voted’. Ffs another brexit victory for Farage et al.