Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

7 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's been obvious that folk have been wanting to see the state killing its citizens and battering f**k out of its weans for some time, but the pounds and ounces one is tragic. They were doing away with teaching that shite when I was in school thirty years ago; what goes through the heads of these auld fuckwits?

9% wanting to bring back shillings, guineas, and thrupenny bits  :lol:

There must be at least 9% who don't even know what pre-decimal means and just want to wind back the clock in any way possible.

5 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

While I disagree with all of the above, I can kind of get why some people might be in favour of them ( in a backwards , weren't the good old days great sort of way)

All except “traditional incandescent light bulbs” 

wtf!

why would anyone want to use old fashioned, less efficient bulbs?

i couldn’t tell you which kind of lightbulbs I have.

Are people genuinely upset over this?

The default emotion for the type of person who gave these sort of answers is rage, so yes.

On 14/02/2021 at 12:53, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The reason we are where we are is that the political parties, Labour being the biggest culprits, did not tackle these racist fuckwits and challenge their simplistic Daily Mail assumptions.

For me, there was a sliding doors moment when Gordon Brown shat out of principles with that "bigoted woman" episode. Instead of being all mealy mouthed and giving it the "legitimate concerns" bollocks he should have argued that her concerns were unfounded and she was a petty minded xenophobic old boot. 

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

EuTFhprWQAAJrJM?format=jpg&name=medium

Disappointing lack of national service. 

Incidentally, on the pounds and ounces thing, if you're ever curious which work colleagues had a misspent youth simply ask how many grammes in an ounce. 

9 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Do you think it's worse for your health to be one of these nutters getting angry at not being able to waste money on lightbulbs that use 100x the energy of new ones, or getting angry at these nutters?

For me I've decided the best thing to do is just put them out of mind as they'll all be dead soon enough anyway.

Everyone under the age of, say, 50 should remember all of this bollocks, as we're all guaranteed to end up with our own irrational "things that were better in my day", and it's important we give each other a good shake and leave the youngsters alone to get on with running the world.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

It's been obvious that folk have been wanting to see the state killing its citizens and battering f**k out of its weans for some time, but the pounds and ounces one is tragic. They were doing away with teaching that shite when I was in school thirty years ago; what goes through the heads of these auld fuckwits?

I'm guessing these answers come from being asked a yes or no question. 

5 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

You should know better than most that fish landings are less than usual when sea conditions are like this -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55957457

Yip and thats why there should be fish in the market....8 boxes in the broch the total today in the north east 

Do you think it's worse for your health to be one of these nutters getting angry at not being able to waste money on lightbulbs that use 100x the energy of new ones, or getting angry at these nutters?
For me I've decided the best thing to do is just put them out of mind as they'll all be dead soon enough anyway.

The only thought I had reading that was “lol 5 times as many people would rather we hanged people than let someone spark up in a pub”

I really don't get the passport colour thing. What a massively irrelevant load of pish.

It shows that there are still masses of disgustingly stupid, and generally disgusting, fools who still believe that the EU somehow forced the passport colour to change and don't realise that the UK government could have picked any colour for them.

Can't all these scumbags just f**k off and create some awful enclave where they can cosplay their WW2 fantasies, which almost certainly bare little resemblance to the actual reality of things at the time? But don't let them take the kids they are so desperate to physically assault for the smallest thing. They can dress each other up as that to act out their sick fantasies. 

Backwards, insular moron bags of shit. I despise them all.

Again I feel it's worth pointing out they've probably asked people if they think yes or no on these silly issues rather than these being the main issues that people prioritise. 

Supporting stupid things like the death penalty isn't reserved for Brexiteers. 

Posts like this just help people dig down deeper into their entrenched positions of goodies versus baddies. I suppose it'll make some people feel better about themselves but it's not exactly a hot take. 

28 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Again I feel it's worth pointing out they've probably asked people if they think yes or no on these silly issues rather than these being the main issues that people prioritise. 

Supporting stupid things like the death penalty isn't reserved for Brexiteers. 

Posts like this just help people dig down deeper into their entrenched positions of goodies versus baddies. I suppose it'll make some people feel better about themselves but it's not exactly a hot take. 

But there was a "no" option right?

It's surprising to me that the support for blue passports, incandescent light bulbs and corporal punishment is so high even amongst leave voters. Capital punishment i could have guessed. The Independent article on this survey does mention that 20% of remoaners were also in favour (although it is silent on their light bulb preferences). 

I guess that the fact that this was commissioned by the independent and has much more attention grabbing items in it than the public yougov surveys around the same time does strongly suggest that it was carried out and published for the purpose of showing up brexiters as generally backwards. 

It's done that well, and i for one enjoy laughing at the thickos. 

Edited by coprolite
Doh

That’s a stupid list that’s there for a bit of a laugh.

The only item where I have some sympathy is weights and measures.

I think we have quite a good balance here in the UK between imperial and metric.

I think most people are quite happy with miles for driving and would probably hate changing now.

I have spent a lot of time in the US and they are probably more imperial than us.

Actually, as a senior, there are probably a lot more things regarding which I would probably annoy younger people than those on the list.

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's surprising to me that the support for blue passports, incandescent light bulbs and corporal punishment is so high even amongst leave voters. Capital punishment i could have guessed. The Independent article on this survey does mention that 20% of remoaners were also in favour (although it is silent on their light bulb preferences). 

I guess that the fact that this was commissioned by the independent and has much more attention grabbing items in it than the public yougov surveys around the same time does strongly suggest that it was carried out and published for the purpose of showing up brexiters as generally backwards. 

Fair enough, it's blatantly light relief and I'm sure if you polled the whole of Britain or even Scotland independently then you'd find extremely similar levels of support for similarly ridiculous non important issues. 

It's more cringey when people don't take this stuff with a pinch of salt and somehow think that it validates them as being lofty when if anything it would show them as being one of the thickos. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Gosh- what an arrogant person you sound - ‘thickos’!!!

Probably a student at some z class polytechnic?

I’m glad that we can finally concentrate on important things like reintroducing the death penalty , blue passports and stopping women from voting.

This country’s been going to the dogs for years and people, particularly young people, have had it too easy.  They think life is a holiday camp.

I died in two world wars fighting for my country and it didn’t do me any harm.

#bendybananas

14 hours ago, BFTD said:

14 hours - I'd have thought someone would've lowered the tone of the thread by now....

chrissy teigen cleavage GIF by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

Edited by btb