Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Belgium’s British supermarket Stonemanor has announced that it will have to close both premises this coming weekend due to depleted stock levels caused by import issues.

This temporary measure comes as a result of issues in the supply chain for the stores, which have long served brits in Belgium everything from Irn-Bru and Dandelion and Burdock to frozen goods and toiletries they miss from home.

Thanks to a connection with a butcher in Ireland, sausages, bacon and black and white pudding will be back in the store as of 9 February.

This news follows a remarkably widespread cry in Brussels as many tried to get haggis – love it or hate it – in time for Burns night, but found supplies lacking.

It'll probably be a lot tastier than the shite they got previously.

I've never heard of that Supermarket before - if the butcher is supplying only two supermarkets he should be able to maintain the quality - butchers meat is far better in every way (apart from price), from the mass produced, pre packaged stuff - but if he's supplying a chain of supermarkets there might not be a great difference in quality.

I always knew the local butcher(s) were better, but lockdown has convinced me not to get supermarket meat again. (Although my wife does like Tesco's lean mince.)

On 03/02/2021 at 20:47, NUMBER 7 said:

For 27 years, our company have sent an artic to Northern Ireland to deliver to our customer base there once a week. For 27 years all you had to do was book the truck on Stenna or P&O there and back. We are not sending over Food Spirits Tobacco just products for use in the Vehicle Building and Engineering Industries.

Since 1st January the increased paperwork between online declarations, adding EORI numbers of Consignor and Consignee, Commodity Codes, obtaining shipping approvals via Government Gateway, details of packages and weights to each Consignee, has become a full time job for someone three days a week. It is ridiculous. We are travelling from one part of the UK 🇬🇧 to another, there should be no need for all this shit, all we as a company want to do is provide a service and try and make some money.

If this is what happens as a result of Brexit, god forbid the mess there would be if we ever became independent 

That's a wee shame. However you appear to be happy for this state of affairs to continue. 

Nae luck. 

Inevitable, once they started saying in the Scottish media Scotland is subsided by England it’s only a matter of time before people in England started asking why they’re subsiding it. It might have worked pre internet days to say one thing in Scottish media and another down South but it won’t work these days. As Brexit bites don’t expect any love bombing from the Mail, Express, Telegraph or Times.

On 05/02/2021 at 00:23, John Lambies Doos said:

I suppose the one and probably only good thing about Brexit is the unionist loonballs in the north of Ireland are finally realising that nobody gives a shit

Are the DUP the most stupid political party in Europe?

What they did is the equivalent of the Greens voting to close all wind farms and having everything made of plastic and coal.

Fury at Gove as exports to EU slashed by 68% since Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/06/fury-at-gove-as-exports-to-eu-slashed-by-68-since-brexit

Hauliers say Cabinet Office minister ignored warnings, amid fears that worse is to come with introduction of import checks in July

Edited by Baxter Parp

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/millions-spent-renting-land-for-brexit-lorry-park-242061/

Brexit lorry park on Waterbrook Park in Ashford costing government millions in rent

I doubt the owners/directors are Tory Party contributors though.

19 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/millions-spent-renting-land-for-brexit-lorry-park-242061/

Brexit lorry park on Waterbrook Park in Ashford costing government millions in rent

Kent is a lovely place.  They should turn the whole county into a National Park.

Oops.  Did I say the wrong thing? 🙂