Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Johnson hoping the EU will pull him out the shit.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-55913907

“Dear EU
I didn’t know what I was doing when I signed the Protocol, what am I like!  Please help.
Love and kisses
Your friend Boris”

So let me see if I have this correct; rather than confront threats of Loyalist thuggery Johnson wants to cobble together a fix. How very predictable.

6 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Johnson hoping the EU will pull him out the shit.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-55913907

“Dear EU
I didn’t know what I was doing when I signed the Protocol, what am I like!  Please help.
Love and kisses
Your friend Boris”

So let me see if I have this correct; rather than confront threats of Loyalist thuggery Johnson wants to cobble together a fix. How very predictable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55919593

"A senior police officer said there was no evidence any of the main loyalist paramilitary groups were involved in the incidents."

Although threats of violence seem to work - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47272124

"A senior police officer said there was no evidence any of the main loyalist paramilitary groups were involved in the incidents."
Although threats of violence seem to work - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47272124
Aye, it never even took their projected six weeks. And why still have loyalist and republican paramilitary groups is a subject in itself.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, it never even took their projected six weeks. And why still have loyalist and republican paramilitary groups is a subject in itself.

"Paramilitary" groups are just fronts for protection rackets, people trafficking, brothel keeping, smuggling, money launderers and drug dealers. And always were.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

What gun-happy unionists?

Easy tiger, you seem to be affa touchy.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.  There is a body of 'loyalist/unionists' that have been deemed a credible enough threat, which has caused both the UK and EU to stop sending their staff into work (on the grounds of their own safety).

It's not new news, over a week ago, rumblings of loyalist discontent were reported to the Northern Ireland Affairs Committee.

I admit, they might not be 'gun-happy' they might actually be 'bomb-happy' or just 'violence happy', any which way you cut it, I'm not really sure I'd like to defend those making the threats.

Yours

aDONis

2 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

On a lighter note than some gun-happy unionists.

The more things change, the more they stay the same;

That’s maybe supposed to be light hearted but I find it fucking depressing.

2 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

On a lighter note than some gun-happy unionists.

The more things change, the more they stay the same;

That’s brilliant. 

I love the logic of having to spend more on petrol because you don't get the mileage in kilometres. 

And 10 years in the war seems unlikely. 

It never occurred to me that decimalisation was associated with Europe. I hope we don't go back because i've very little idea how many chains are in a furlong or bob in half a crown. If we could adopt babylonian style base 60 though that would be great and not European at all. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That’s brilliant. 

I love the logic of having to spend more on petrol because you don't get the mileage in kilometres. 

It never occurred to me that decimalisation was associated with Europe. I hope we don't go back because i've very little idea how many chains are in a furlong or bob in half a crown. If we could adopt babylonian style base 60 though that would be great and not European at all. 

Beat me to it with his war service longevity.

Perhaps he was a secretly seduced by decimalisation?

1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

It would appear that neither you or me are defending the gun/bomb/violence happy loyalist goons.

Which is a good thing.

Yours

aDONis

Why do you sign off your posts?

I like it. 

Stormzy. 

51 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That’s brilliant. 

I don't think I knew even when I was supposed to know. There were 8 furlongs in a mile (probably still are, I suppose), but I don't think I ever needed to use chains, although "chainage" rings a bell from my student days. 

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I don't think I knew even when I was supposed to know. There were 8 furlongs in a mile (probably still are, I suppose), but I don't think I ever needed to use chains, although "chainage" rings a bell from my student days. 

Pre-abolition were they? 

For 27 years, our company have sent an artic to Northern Ireland to deliver to our customer base there once a week. For 27 years all you had to do was book the truck on Stenna or P&O there and back. We are not sending over Food Spirits Tobacco just products for use in the Vehicle Building and Engineering Industries.

Since 1st January the increased paperwork between online declarations, adding EORI numbers of Consignor and Consignee, Commodity Codes, obtaining shipping approvals via Government Gateway, details of packages and weights to each Consignee, has become a full time job for someone three days a week. It is ridiculous. We are travelling from one part of the UK 🇬🇧 to another, there should be no need for all this shit, all we as a company want to do is provide a service and try and make some money.

If this is what happens as a result of Brexit, god forbid the mess there would be if we ever became independent 

4 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

For 27 years, our company have sent an artic to Northern Ireland to deliver to our customer base there once a week. For 27 years all you had to do was book the truck on Stenna or P&O there and back. We are not sending over Food Spirits Tobacco just products for use in the Vehicle Building and Engineering Industries.

Since 1st January the increased paperwork between online declarations, adding EORI numbers of Consignor and Consignee, Commodity Codes, obtaining shipping approvals via Government Gateway, details of packages and weights to each Consignee, has become a full time job for someone three days a week. It is ridiculous. We are travelling from one part of the UK 🇬🇧 to another, there should be no need for all this shit, all we as a company want to do is provide a service and try and make some money.

If this is what happens as a result of Brexit, god forbid the mess there would be if we ever became independent 

I'm struggling to think of a Westminster negotiating heavyweight.