Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

If you are a broker you simply register companies in more than once jurisdiction and route trades via the relevant company at the time of trade. There will be additional costs involved but probably just end up seeing the majors squeeze out the small fry as they have that in place already and don’t really need to worry about the extra cost involved in setting up and operating that way.

Why would EU corporations deal with any UK providers if they can get the same service from Frankfurt or Dublin cheaper?

Just now, bendan said:

So when you said there were tariffs, you had no idea whether, in fact, there were actually tariffs. Thanks for clarifying.

No, there are definitely tariffs,  I just don't know what they are, offhand.  I didn't know you wanted to pretend there are no consequences of Brexit, though.  That's a new one.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

No, there are definitely tariffs,  I just don't know what they are, offhand.  I didn't know you wanted to pretend there are no consequences of Brexit, though.  That's a new one.

There are lots of real consequences of Brexit - I've no need to invent any. As Ross has said, many organisations have set up offices in the EU to deal with the change. I'm not sure why you think they haven't prepared for this and will now be scrambling to react to something they knew was going to happen.

16 minutes ago, bendan said:

There are lots of real consequences of Brexit - I've no need to invent any. As Ross has said, many organisations have set up offices in the EU to deal with the change. I'm not sure why you think they haven't prepared for this and will now be scrambling to react to something they knew was going to happen.

If they've set up corporate offices in the EU, the UK will see none of the benefit, dolt. That's what financial flight means - money is leaving the UK because it's better off in the EU.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

If they've set up corporate offices in the EU, the UK will see none of the benefit, dolt. That's what financial flight means - money is leaving the UK because it's better off in the EU.

I think a summary of what Ross and Mixu have posted would be that some money/jobs have already left the UK because they had to for regulatory reasons. You seem to be expecting a huge, yet-to-happen movement to take place. I'm not sure you are right. London might become even more attractive to dodgy money now it is outwith EU auspices.

1 minute ago, bendan said:

I think a summary of what Ross and Mixu have posted would be that some money/jobs have already left the UK because they had to for regulatory reasons. You seem to be expecting a huge, yet-to-happen movement to take place. I'm not sure you are right. London might become even more attractive to dodgy money now it is outwith EU auspices.

f**k sake, you're looking forward to the UK becoming a money-laundering tax haven? You're a bit late, mate.

34 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Why would EU corporations deal with any UK providers if they can get the same service from Frankfurt or Dublin cheaper?

There are some services that you pretty much can’t get outside the UK, that are essential for anyone who deals in anything related to the UK markets. The registrars and market makers being the first two that spring to mind.

Clearing departments, corporate actions processing, dividends processing, all that stuff can move, and a lot of it already has, but all of them still have to deal with the registrars and market makers, who show no signs whatsoever of changing anything.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

There are some services that you pretty much can’t get outside the UK, that are essential for anyone who deals in anything related to the UK markets. The registrars and market makers being the first two that spring to mind.

Clearing departments, corporate actions processing, dividends processing, all that stuff can move, and a lot of it already has, but all of them still have to deal with the registrars and market makers, who show no signs whatsoever of changing anything.

How will the lack of a trade deal or financial passporting with the EU change that?

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

f**k sake, you're looking forward to the UK becoming a money-laundering tax haven? You're a bit late, mate.

No, I'm saying:

London might become even more attractive to dodgy money now it is outwith EU auspices.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

How will the lack of a trade deal or financial passporting with the EU change that?

It won’t change it. The people who have had to move have mostly been moved. Everything else will be dealt with via internal arrangements which will undoubtedly see companies skim a small portion to cover the costs, that would otherwise have went to clients.

Just now, Ross. said:

It won’t change it. The people who have had to move have mostly been moved. Everything else will be dealt with via internal arrangements which will undoubtedly see companies skim a small portion to cover the costs, that would otherwise have went to clients.

Uh-huh and what evidence are you basing this conclusion on?

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Yes, I agree. That's why I said:

London might become even more attractive to dodgy money now it is outwith EU auspices.