John Lambies Doos

Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

10 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

DFDS showing a bit of the Dunkirk spirit and swerving Europe's pariah states from January 2nd.

More of this please.

y'know something occurred to me today. We've spent this year watching the tories corruptly give public money to their pals and relatives with a big grin in broad daylight, they will absolutely see this as a test run for the post brexit UK, where they'll do the same in the name of are country. I suspect we haven't seen anything yet.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

y'know something occurred to me today. We've spent this year watching the tories corruptly give public money to their pals and relatives with a big grin in broad daylight, they will absolutely see this as a test run for the post brexit UK, where they'll do the same in the name of are country. I suspect we haven't seen anything yet.

I think the UK has been displaying, for a while now, traits more commonly associated with the parts of the world we have been conditioned to laugh at/pity  - due to their corruption and poor governance.

It's being done in plain sight, and hardly anyone gives a shit anymore.

38 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I think the UK has been displaying, for a while now, traits more commonly associated with the parts of the world we have been conditioned to laugh at/pity  - due to their corruption and poor governance.

It's being done in plain sight, and hardly anyone gives a shit anymore.

There's a good Kenyan Twitter account who writes about UK happenings in the manner that a western foreign correspondent would about a banana republic, it's very good.

ETA: Patrick Gathara

https://mobile.twitter.com/gathara

Edited by MixuFruit

45 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There's a good Kenyan Twitter account who writes about UK happenings in the manner that a western foreign correspondent would about a banana republic, it's very good.

I like the reference to Tump as Papa Don 😆

43 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

This thread is so right.

If you read any of the English local/regional papers online you get often the views of Tory backbencher, they are right behind Brexit.  I wonder how quickly that will change with No Deal.

If you read any of the English local/regional papers online you get often the views of Tory backbencher, they are right behind Brexit.  I wonder how quickly that will change with No Deal.
No Deal is merely the most rancid end of the spectrum, there is NO form of Brexit which will be anything other than adverse.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

No Deal is merely the most rancid end of the spectrum, there is NO form of Brexit which will be anything other than adverse.

Yeah, totally agree but it will be the one that can be used best to expose the ‘“oven ready deal” and the rest of the nonsense.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I predict the most common expression next year will be "This isn't the Brexit that I voted for".

None of these spineless people will break rank until their voters turn against the idea first.  Not sure when that will happen.

Raaaaaaab thinks a deal could be done if “the EU shows pragmatism”.  What an ignorant, entitled wånker.

Farmers subsidy payments to stop (phased) after Brexit, wow never saw that coming. Salty tears running down BMW and Mercedes 4x4s the length and breadth of the country incoming.

You would like to think even the Tories would understand the food security resilience need for a replacement subsidy, and that there is an opportunity to replace it with a more effective system (payments to farmers not landowners). But I reckon this lot will let the Efficient Market sort it out.

Hope you all like oats and turnips...

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Farmers subsidy payments to stop (phased) after Brexit, wow never saw that coming. Salty tears running down BMW and Mercedes 4x4s the length and breadth of the country incoming.

No, no, no, you're getting it all wrong, this is just one of the opportunities Brexit is bringing us.

So basically the Fermers and the fishermen are going to get screwed.. Who would have thought it...

37 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

So basically the Fermers and the fishermen are going to get screwed.. Who would have thought it...

😄😄😄stupid bumpkins